KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of boots you guys use for recre riding?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Cant go wrong with a set of Alpinestars, awesome brand, and very durable. B)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Im not very happy with the new FOX F3 boots. They are a little tough to break in. In the process of breaking in the pinch my akilly(sp?) tendon and make my feet fall a sleep if I sit still for a while.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use the Alpinestars Vectors, they feel like I'm wearing sneakers!

Brad, the pinching on your aquiles (LOL) tendon might be because you store your boots upright instead of lying down and this deforms that part and with the leather being so hard... Thats what happened to me with some O'neals anyway

·
Registered
951 Posts
I use the Alpinestars Vectors, they feel like I'm wearing sneakers!

Brad, the pinching on your aquiles (LOL) tendon might be because you store your boots upright instead of lying down and this deforms that part and with the leather being so hard... Thats what happened to me with some O'neals anyway

Get the SIDI with the hinge. I tried out my buddies and they were awesome. They are my next purchase. Tried the FOX F3 and thought they were junk. Took em back the next day.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If your gonna get a hinged boot you could also look into the SG10 or SG12. Both are hinged at the ankle and you can get the sg10's for 200-250 pretty easy compared to 400 for sidis. Both are great boots and you should be happy either way!

·
Registered
112 Posts
have a pair of msr vx 1 atv boots and they were good until dogs got a hold of them, just got yesterday a pair of moose m1 atv boots. and they already feel pretty good for not riding in them yet. moose were under a 100, so i like that

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had my MSR NXT's for four years now. They're good boots epsecially for the $110 (i think?HAHA) I paid for them. They aren't anything fancy though just a boot that protects yo ankle junk, achilles(?), and what not! They are starting to show some holes on the bottom wear the heel starts, thats what aggressive pegs will do over time I guess. I thought the plastic buckles wouldn't hold up this long but they have. My next pair will be heavily scrutinized against these.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Alpinestar Tech 7 very nice boot for the money, and very comfortable. Ive had AXO boots and cheaper Alpinestars and its definatly worth spending the extra money on nice boot.

·
Registered
92 Posts
SIDI Crossfire SRS - best boots I have worn. A little pricey for rec riding though!

Chris

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Sweet thanks for the advise KTM freak ;) I was curious why when I heard that When James Stewart gets new boots , Fox has somebody break them in for him

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I was to ask about boots also. Very interested in the new SIDI Crossfire, love the design. I went through some reviews and everyone said wonders about them.
What do you guys say? money is not an issue, i want something good...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
gaerne are the best all around boots bar none!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Fox Formas here, never had any issues breaking them in and they've lasted a couple years. Next set will probably be Tech 8's.

·
Registered
153 Posts
any have the gaerne gx-1 boots?
they look pretty sweet in orange.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts