KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been racing for along time and was hoping to get feed back on these machines.
I know alot of u have some valid experience with these machines.
I hear good things and some bad but, how about facts are there any real electrical issues or motor problems? I have a terrible habit of chewing up machines, I have ridden alot of different machines. just wondering if it is worth buying a quad that is done from the factory or should I spend 17000.00 to build one. I ve read alot of this web site and most of the info on defects or issues so to speak seem inconclusive or straight up neglect.
So if someone with any real long term ride time on this machine could throw this old dog a bone as how much reality there is to some of these claims, broken frame, brakes locking up, wiring issues, ect. thanks
ps anyone know when there releasing the 09 sx models

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
broken frames are absolute BS
engine is very strong but weve noticed that both mine and my teammates have been running very hot, going to start running engine ice

no electrical problems excpt for one wire melting when the engine wasa overheated ( hate to say it but it was caused by neglect
)

09 SXs should be at dealers by sept in limited quantities

hope this helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I really want one, are the wp shocks better than the ohlins? they have never really impressed me I ve ridden on elkas tcs and custom axis, i sold my wp shocks after two rides on them.
Iwas also wondering if it pays to wait for the mx(sx) model, two months is a long time if you don't have a wheeler. I can get a 450 xc right know, and put some a-arms on it

·
Registered
430 Posts
broken frames are absolute BS
engine is very strong but weve noticed that both mine and my teammates have been running very hot, going to start running engine ice

no electrical problems excpt for one wire melting when the engine wasa overheated ( hate to say it but it was caused by neglect
)

09 SXs should be at dealers by sept in limited quantities

hope this helps!
+1 for engine ice

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stryker1513 where in NYare u? i am in syracuse area. do u race? and what class are you running?
any issues with your ktm? does cny powersports have any models in stock

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been racing for along time and was hoping to get feed back on these machines.
I know alot of u have some valid experience with these machines.
I hear good things and some bad but, how about facts are there any real electrical issues or motor problems? I have a terrible habit of chewing up machines, I have ridden alot of different machines. just wondering if it is worth buying a quad that is done from the factory or should I spend 17000.00 to build one. I ve read alot of this web site and most of the info on defects or issues so to speak seem inconclusive or straight up neglect.
So if someone with any real long term ride time on this machine could throw this old dog a bone as how much reality there is to some of these claims, broken frame, brakes locking up, wiring issues, ect. thanks
ps anyone know when there releasing the 09 sx models
I have had mine since September and been racing xc since the day i bought it, only problem i had was the original brake pads are organic and don't hold up well in water or mud. I put on a set of sintered pads and have been trouble free since. If you are going to mx i would tough it out and wait for the 09,that motor has much more power. Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts