KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the biggest i can go and not have any head gasket issues. is the crank an easy swap like the yfz? and is there any trick to the cam install? any one over in the us carring the mino water pump kits? no up dates on the oil cooler either the 690 has a factory kit looks to hook into the heads oil line.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
what is the biggest i can go and not have any head gasket issues. is the crank an easy swap like the yfz? and is there any trick to the cam install? any one over in the us carring the mino water pump kits? no up dates on the oil cooler either the 690 has a factory kit looks to hook into the heads oil line.
There numerous people using 99mm (thumper racing) & 100mm (team ktm SMR) jugs with no head gasket issues at all. If you want to push the envelope Josef Frauenschuh makes a 102mm jug.

The cam installation is the easiest out of Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki by a mile...

As far as I know no one in the US is carrying the Mino Racing water pump kits.

I have tried to get info on oil coolers, but no on seems to be able to get it to me. I keep hearing they are available but I havent seen and pictures or received any prices...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
There numerous people using 99mm (thumper racing) & 100mm (team ktm SMR) jugs with no head gasket issues at all. If you want to push the envelope Josef Frauenschuh makes a 102mm jug.

The cam installation is the easiest out of Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki by a mile...

As far as I know no one in the US is carrying the Mino Racing water pump kits.

I have tried to get info on oil coolers, but no on seems to be able to get it to me. I keep hearing they are available but I havent seen and pictures or received any prices...
I looked at them for the Quad but they want an arm and a leg for one...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts