KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What oil are you guys using and what would you recommend. I am still using the Motorex but the stuff is pricy.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I hear only good things about Shell Rotella from KTM 2 wheel guys.
I like Shell Advance Ultra 4 too: QUOTE
Advance Ultra 4 is a fully synthetic 4 stroke motorcycle engine oil exceeding the requirements of all Japanese and European motorcycle manufacturers. API - SL and JASO MA, SAE J300.
Ultimate engine protection for high powered performance motorbikes and four stroke engines.
Although i think the prices are high for this one...

·
Registered
579 Posts
What oil are you guys using and what would you recommend. I am still using the Motorex but the stuff is pricy.
We run motorex 20w60 in our race bike during the summer and there 10w40 in the winter.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Elf full synth 4 t race oil 5W/50

we can't get Rotella down in NZ........... otherwise I'd run that and change it out every event.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
11 a gallon! crap, when I bought my rotella it was 8.52 a gallon at wally world(walmart)
I am a big fan of the castrol 4 stroke oil, also redline makes good stuff too. NO MATTER what I use, it always gets some Lucas additive ;)

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
try $10NZ a litre wholesale, $15 a litre retail (okay approx =1 Quart for you US boyz)

we get raped on oil down here.......... wonder what it would cost to sea ship a US55 gal drum of Rotella............

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
That's pretty cheap in the States :lol:
In Europe, 2 liters (0.52 gallons) costs €35 ($45). How about that? :D
So, imagine a guy that races every week, how much he'll spend on oil...

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that Shell Rotella T 15-40 the same oil I run in my truck?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yup, thats the stuff! A LOT of people swear by it

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Do any of you guys run a thicker weight in the HOT summer days. Like in a race in AZ in July?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate all of the help. I will be running the Rotella T from now on.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Do any of you guys run a thicker weight in the HOT summer days. Like in a race in AZ in July?
Brad you will be fine running just plain rotella on any day. I run spectra semi 10w40 in dec thru feb.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I run amsoil 20-50 but im thinkin about changing to rottela. Any thoughts on running synthetic and changing back to rottela.

·
Registered
430 Posts
i was told by my dealer only to use the oil that is recomended for the ktm engine

thats cause they want you to pay the big price for it

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought a 450 XC.
I am considering running Spectro 10W50 synthetic.
Anyone have experience with Spectro?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts