KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to this whole forum thing, but I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust. Right now I'm set up with a yoshi but I'm not super impressed with it. I have a 2008 525 xc bored over to 570 with stage 2 hotcams and fuelcustomez intake system. I ride pretty much everything from track to trail to sand. Just kinda curious on what you guys thought would be the best exhaust to compliment my set up. I've considered akro, lte duals, hmf, and ktmbill. Suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a KTMbill exhaust on mine and I would highly recommend it. You should check out his Dyno run sheets that he has posted on the site.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
I'd ditch the hotcams cam........ go for one of the KTM performance cams or custom aftermarket.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Y do u prefer that over hotcams? Performance? Or just more reliable with the ktm motor?

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
the hotcams are known to kill allot of low end power and only produce more hp than stock once past 7000 rpm....... they where designed to drop the big low end power off big bore 2 wheelers to make them more rideable...... just plain gutless unless your tapped hard out in a quad compared to other cams.

ktm makes three performance cams 8/06, 8/33 and 8/07 thumper racing makes two grinds stg 5 and stg 6 as well as the KTM grinds and hotcams, Webcams offers 4 grinds and there is another guy out east who does two really big cams also.

plenty of guys will chime on on what they use and how they perform.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright I'll look into that, suggestions on a pipe?

·
Registered
108 Posts
i had a motoworks slip on. b\ut just got my ktmbill pipe yesterday and she looks mean. most guys will let you know. his is going to be your best bet. and he has all the data to prove it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How does one get in touch with ktmbill for an exhaust? I have a 2008 KTM 450XC, with the 540 Big Bore kit and I would like to discuss getting an exhaust with him. Any help connecting me to him would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you-

·
Registered
185 Posts
i had a motoworks slip on. b\ut just got my ktmbill pipe yesterday and she looks mean. most guys will let you know. his is going to be your best bet. and he has all the data to prove it.
How does the DASA exhaust perform on your wife's 450? I also have the 450xc and looking at getting the same exhaust? Do you know the db?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts