KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
please post the info or send me a pm.

i need to pick up some new paddles before our june group ride!

[email protected]
I've got a pair of 8 Paddle 21X12-8 on 4/110 .160 Douglas Wheels new never ridden (13 lbs each tire & wheel for total of 26 lbs for the pair)...I went back to the ITP Dune Stars for my type of riding from 8 paddles Haulers never tried the Edges
Will let them go at $200+ Shipping (New $292 + Shipping)
I got them at Recreation Tires...
http://www.recreationtires.com/tires.html

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
thanks for the info, unfortunately the haulers wont work for me as i am looking for edges. i will definitely give them a try.
Sorry I didn't clarify Bronson...these are NEW 21X12-8 Skat Trak EDGES on .160 Douglas Rims...I have run Edges before but I was running 10" Rims which are much heavier than these 8" Rims...the EDGES still have all the rubber titties on the paddles...I see you live in Dallas, I am in Prosper 8 miles West of McKinney...you could pick them up and save shipping "depending on fuel prices!!!"
You won't find a better deal around than that I assure you...I am going to stay with the ITP Dune Stars for now and keep the 8 Paddle Haulers for back up which I don't like riding in the sand but they are great for drag racing...

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about the itp sand stars? i have never had set, but see them all the time.

i am just looking for a good all around trail paddle... edge's are too darn expensive!

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I didn't clarify Bronson...these are NEW 21X12-8 Skat Trak EDGES on .160 Douglas Rims...I have run Edges before but I was running 10" Rims which are much heavier than these 8" Rims...the EDGES still have all the rubber titties on the paddles...I see you live in Dallas, I am in Prosper 8 miles West of McKinney...you could pick them up and save shipping "depending on fuel prices!!!"
You won't find a better deal around than that I assure you...I am going to stay with the ITP Dune Stars for now and keep the 8 Paddle Haulers for back up which I don't like riding in the sand but they are great for drag racing...

pm me your phone number and i will call you tomorrow to discuss it further. i am very familiar with prosper, i am supplying the brick on the new middle school that is being built right now!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
and you mean 21x11x8, not 12 right?
No they are 21X12-8...when it comes to 12 or 11 on Skat Traks you will not notice much of a difference or at all...what Skat Trak does is utilize tires that are the lightest to make their Sand Paddles if an 11" tire is 6 Ply and weighs more than a 4 ply 12" they will use the 4 ply 12" due to keeping the weight light...you want as light of weight paddle tire as possible with enough hook up for lauch and then not too many paddles so you can rev out on top end...a lot of the guy's out west that hill shoot like 7 paddles for top speed up hill, but in the east we are mostly in the flats drag racing and can rev out on flat ground even with more paddles...you will like these Edges when you see them they were designed for Drag Racing and Aggressive riding in the sand...they weigh less than the Sand Stars also....

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sweet, i will see you tomorrow morning for sure! what do you have by the way of fronts?

i was just going to use my stock ktm wheels to mount my paddles on, but i will wait to see what you have tomorrow before I make any decisions. i dont want to spend too much as my wife will complain, so i have to somewhat maintain some sort of budget, especially since i only get to dune 1 or 2 times a year...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts