KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the best cams for 450sx and 505sx. I have both. They will be used for motocross racing only.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
In my research the Web 88a grind seems to be the go to. For MX it seems to be better to use just a Web exhaust cam with a stock intake cam. +1 hp over using both except on the very top. For sustained high RPM like TT racing you can use both for more top end. My plan was to do the one cam, but I ran out of budget and was ready to get my motor back together to ride it so I'm still running stock until the next top end. Web does the cams in sets so you would have to talk them into doing just one for you.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Other way around, use the web in the intake with the stock exhaust retains the low end. Bigget Intake lets it breath deeper Use both for big top end

My testing with both webs plus 1hp in mid range plus 5 hp on top end and the power stays hard all the way to the limiter so it has massive legs out top.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That's what I thought Kiwi, but when I asked KTMBill about it in an email (since he is a Web dealer) he said they were actually running the Web exhaust cam. Wonder what the deal is then?

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
dunno, I always ran both actually........... Liked the mid to top end strength it gave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts