KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of 2/9/09 the government has banned the manufacturing and sale of ALL mini atv's and bikes!! No parts, gear, new or old can be sold to someone under the age of 13!!!! This is CRAP. I am deeply concerned about the future of our sport and we need your help. If the mini's go, the future of our sport is in jeopardy as mini's make up 1/3 to 1/2 of most series. Please take a few moments and fill out these petitions. The fist link is really fast and simple to fill out. The second, explains the matter in detail and has a spot on the right where you can sent a pre-written letter to the CPSC. THANK YOU

~Derik

http://petitionspot.com/petitions/thumpertalk

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/5/2382/Motorcycle-Article/Lead-Ban-Stops-Youth-ATV-and-Motorcycle-Sales.aspx

·
Registered
312 Posts
More regulations handed down from the nanny-state idiots that think they know how to raise our kids better than we do. I'll bet none of them have even ridden a quad or motorcycle. Learning to ride when you're young is the best way to develop skills that will keep you from getting hurt. Also, riding is a great bonding activity for the entire family--unless, of course, your son can't ride until he is 12. These are the same morons that were successful in banning 3-wheelers. We can't allow them another victory.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More regulations handed down from the nanny-state idiots that think they know how to raise our kids better than we do. I'll bet none of them have even ridden a quad or motorcycle. Learning to ride when you're young is the best way to develop skills that will keep you from getting hurt. Also, riding is a great bonding activity for the entire family--unless, of course, your son can't ride until he is 12. These are the same morons that were successful in banning 3-wheelers. We can't allow them another victory.

I agree, but......

This ban wasn't intended to target mini bikes and quads. This ban was for little kids products that contained a certain ppm (parts per million) amount of lead. EX, small metal cars and trucks, something that a young child could and would put int their mouth. And for some reason the mini's, b/c they have over the regulated ppm, got swept into this law.

Now idk about you, but when i go to the races, i dont see little kids chewing on their engine cylinders. So with enough support, i believe that this law can be altered to exclude all mini quads and bikes.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I submitted the form letters over at exriders for me and my wife, but I didn't find out about the ban until after I stripped the entire frame and most of the other parts on my son's predator 50 with a paint stripping wheel last weekend. I kept blowing black stuff out of my nose for the rest of the day, I wonder how much lead I ingested? :unsure:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I submitted the form letters over at exriders for me and my wife, but I didn't find out about the ban until after I stripped the entire frame and most of the other parts on my son's predator 50 with a paint stripping wheel last weekend. I kept blowing black stuff out of my nose for the rest of the day, I wonder how much lead I ingested? :unsure:
Prob not much at all. The biggest spots that contain lead are the battery terminals, valve stem, on the rim where the beads seal, ext

·
Registered
65 Posts
Prob not much at all. The biggest spots that contain lead are the battery terminals, valve stem, on the rim where the beads seal, ext

this is bs. im pretty sure i didnt lick my bike haha but i can remember i bought my first bike when i was 9 that was in 1999 my parents wouldnt buy it for me cause they said i wouldnt take care of it. so i grew hogs showed them and sold my 4-h pigs and bought me a pw 80 it wasnt the best thing in the world i always wanted a ktm 65 but got to big but i sure did learn how to ride. ive had many of bikes since then .01 i had a 2002 xr 100 then i bought a 1999 300ex then i sold the xr and got a warrior in 03 then i sold that an bought a 04 raptor 660 and then got a 06 yfz 450 and now i ride a 08 ktm 450 xc pretty much stock im happy with the way i ride since ive had my ktm i only been to 3 races on it ive got a 1st and two second places in B class at my local mx races. i do it for fun and met alot of friends doing it its my sport id rather ride then watch a foot ball game anyday tell me what sport isn't dangerous. ok well i guess you can play chess haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts