KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys, went out to the first practice of the season, about halfway theough it she let go, seized coming into a corner. Antifreeze was eaten and to oil was black and burned. it was beating all the opther bikes pretty easy though, shocks are set up perfect for MX, justn a litle more compression in the back and she was good to go. some kind of electrical problem too, shocked my dad with the key off, twice.

damn!

UPDATE: New cylinder and piston ordered, it never actually siezed, which is god, but both the piston and cylinder are scuffed, i couldn'r believe the size of that piston lol. but were trying for warranty, since it wasnt a race and my first time on the track, it wasnt realy racing conditions

·
Registered
42 Posts
well guys, went out to the first practice of the season, about halfway theough it she let go, seized coming into a corner. Antifreeze was eaten and to oil was black and burned. it was beating all the opther bikes pretty easy though, shocks are set up perfect for MX, justn a litle more compression in the back and she was good to go. some kind of electrical problem too, shocked my dad with the key off, twice.

damn!
That sux, let us know what you find.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to tell you guys the truth, we own a dealer that does services and the mechanics were working on the bike to get it ready, i'm not a 4 stroke guy, i can work with 2-strokes like the blaster, but 4 strokes are out of my league, they never changed the engine oil.

but, the good thing is, while that KTM was runnin, it showed 08s from polaris and suzuki, that KTM is king sh!t

·
Registered
42 Posts
to tell you guys the truth, we own a dealer that does services and the mechanics were working on the bike to get it ready, i'm not a 4 stroke guy, i can work with 2-strokes like the blaster, but 4 strokes are out of my league, they never changed the engine oil.

but, the good thing is, while that KTM was runnin, it showed 08s from polaris and suzuki, that KTM is king sh!t
Never changed the engine oil, WTF. That could be the root cause. Nice to hear the KTM kicked a$$. Hope you get it running soon.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its not as bad as it could have been, it needs a new jug, new piston, and a few new wires

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
parts should be in tomorrow, and she'll be ready to spank the competition on sunday

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.