KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from a very good source that they will be available in very limited quantity after September 1st. Sounds kind of like what happened with the XC...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yeah, the XC was around end of August i think. Let them come!

If this thing comes out with a 5 speed it is going to be a bad fast SOB!!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
but... does anyone know what it weighs? I wonder if it would be worth it to get narrower A-arms and XC race this thing. Either way, I will be doing both XC and MX with my new '09 KTM. If it is substancially lighter, it might be worth it to buy a narrower serup for this than to buy an extended setup for the XC... any thoughts? Reverse would be hard to give up... but I think about 20 lbs would make me consider it...

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
but... does anyone know what it weighs? I wonder if it would be worth it to get narrower A-arms and XC race this thing. Either way, I will be doing both XC and MX with my new '09 KTM. If it is substancially lighter, it might be worth it to buy a narrower serup for this than to buy an extended setup for the XC... any thoughts? Reverse would be hard to give up... but I think about 20 lbs would make me consider it...
Thats a good question. Will it be ligher than the XC?
Things that will make it lighter: smaller rear wheels and tires, more compact engine, no reverse...
Things that will make it heavier: wider arms...

The fuel tank was re-designed, don't know if it'll take more or less fuel. The rest of the components are the same of the XC. If they could put it lets say around 340lbs that would be great

What would you say about the price of this. Would it pass 10K?

·
Registered
86 Posts
i dont know about 10K im might be a lil cheaper it doesnt have the ohlins on it it has the *********** suspenson and it that suspension is cheaper

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
my dealer in New Zealand has a 505 due in September with my name on it
direct from KTM

we get all off 4 in the first shipment down under..............................

price is the same as the 525 xc is the advisement we have had !!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
prices are the same for both the xc and sx...
Didn't know that. In 2 wheels the SX is even cheaper than the XC and i heard rumours about the SX ATV possibly costing $12000 but that was just a "crazy" guy i think

EDIT: on a second thought...you have pm

·
Registered
18 Posts
KTM-Parts.com has the SX listed at 11,398.00

2009 KTM 450 SX ATV
Quantity in Basket: None
Code: 09450SXATV
Price: $11,398.00
Quantity:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hopefully that price reflects price gouging and not MSRP. I can't imagine what would make it $2,400 more than the XC. I think I have a sickness. I just got a 525 XC and now I want a 505 SX.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
i would want a 505, but the only thing keeping me from it are class limitations, my race class doesn't allow me to ride with anything over 450cc, stock or big bore or bored out

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
All Ktms are going up substantially for the 2009 models. Reason is the dollar is so weak in Europe right now. Roughly $1300 across the board. Buy your new KTM now!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I heard that they will be 800-1200 more than the xc, really you get more REC rider friendly on the xc. I think the sx is going to be a fullblown racing bike. Any dealers on here that get the bike for a test let us know! btw all ktm dealers are accepting down payments on new 09's now. 505 bikes are out now, ktm figured no point in even producing them. Which i agree, just come out with a 505 convertion for the 450, same parts and chassis why waste it on 45 more cc.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I heard that they will be 800-1200 more than the xc, really you get more REC rider friendly on the xc. I think the sx is going to be a fullblown racing bike. Any dealers on here that get the bike for a test let us know! btw all ktm dealers are accepting down payments on new 09's now. 505 bikes are out now, ktm figured no point in even producing them. Which i agree, just come out with a 505 convertion for the 450, same parts and chassis why waste it on 45 more cc.

The 505 is only 477cc's though. I don't get why they call it a 505? Must be different math in Austria. 540 kit= 532cc's, thumper racing 570 kit =554cc's etc.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm little worried about reliable of this KTM. I heard many bad opinions about its engine in dirt bikes. What do you think ?

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Engine Type-----single cylinder, 4-stroke
Displacement----449.3
BoreXStroke-----97X60.8
Compression----12.5:1
Power------------59HP

Engine Type-----single cylinder, 4-stroke
Displacement----477.5
BoreXStroke-----100X60.8
Compression----12:1
Power------------63HP

Official data from the dirtbikes: KTM

Pretty good if the engine is the same in the atv huh?
Around 50hp at wheel

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I'm little worried about reliable of this KTM. I heard many bad opinions about its engine in dirt bikes. What do you think ?
I think you've been given bum scoop. I've been around these engines since they're inception in 2000. They've proven fast, extremely tough and reliable in many different applications. Everytime I take one apart I've always come away impressed with the build quality of internal componets. Gears are large, bearings come from quality manufacturers etc... You could do far worse than a KTM for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts