KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kiwi Craig has asked me to put some pictures up of the ATV Racing a-arms.

These pictures were sent to me by Neil from ATV Racing http://www.atvracing1.com/home.htm

They are in raw form in the pictures, but are supplied powder coated to your choice of color.

Mine should arrive here in Australia early next week. I will put some more pictures up when they go on.

I can not thank Neil enough. Nothing is a problem including shipping them to Australia.
Told me he had a set on the shelf ready for powder coating. Asked me what color I would like & said they should be ready to ship within 4 days.
4 days later I got an e-mail telling me they had been shipped & giving me a tracking number. A+ for great service.

A-arms:

1" 4130 chrome molly, +2" & are set up to take the standard shocks.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
if we had the $$ left from our build those would be on there

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Box arrived this morning.
How good are these!
Build quality is great.
Aiming to get them on next week.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Box arrived this morning.
How good are these!
Build quality is great.
Aiming to get them on next week.

are these the ktm long arms? if thier not how do they compare, any idea if the ktm a arms just bolt onto stock suspension i ordered my ktm arms in febuary still not arrived.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are made by ATV racing in Arazona.
Yes, they are +2", but I can't compare them to the KTM ones as I've never seen a set.
They bolt straight up & take the standard shock.
I can say that these are very well made & finished.
The service was great as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
these arms look really good i hope thier close to the ktm arms ive ordered, so thats the front sorted what did you do for the back end? i was looking at some extended hubs from rath racing in america any idea on these or what you did

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The back end is on he standard axle, spacers & hubs. It is only 20mm narrower than the front end. This should be a good balance.
I will put some hours on it as is now before I look at going further.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since you kept the stock suspension, did the added length in the front make the suspension too soft? Or can you adjust the suspension to compensate for this? Were these expensive?

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the front end a bit hard before I put the wider arms on.
With the wider arms the front on the standard shocks is fantastic, and I'm no feather weight. A bit of dialing the compression and rebound in and all's good.
I can't remember the pricing, but I'm sure it was under $800.00 with the brake lines and clamps.

·
Registered
568 Posts
are the ball joints welded in? or screwed in. and can they be changed when they wear out?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I have the +2 ktm arms and so far the only difference I see is, those arms don't have the same bend on the lower a arm that the original ones have, which the ktm +2 have the same arch, and as for the ride it surely made it more soft and smoother, what a difference in handleing as well. I also got mine for a little over 600, which also came with brake lines and tie rod & ends, easy bolt up and go, 1 hr for install.

·
Registered
529 Posts
These are made by ATV racing in Arazona.
Yes, they are +2", but I can't compare them to the KTM ones as I've never seen a set.
They bolt straight up & take the standard shock.
I can say that these are very well made & finished.
The service was great as well.
garsh! its Arizona you bloody Australian! lol jk

no offence to neil or his company but ive seen quite afew of his a-arms taco'ed, bent, broken, broken welds. On afew dune bikes but mainly desert racing and one that was used to MX sometimes too.

This was about a year ago now, since ive seen any trashed. i guess for light recreational riding they would be fine, but hard racing i havent seen them fair too well.

Just what ive seen.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie you bloody yonk, yink, whatever :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, had to throw that in!
Hope you guys get the Australian humour.

I use mine for MX, dune riding and also trail riding. Yet to have a problem and it does cop a fair bit of abuse.
I think it's like everything. No matter how good something is there will always be failures.

Jakel - the ball joints have 2 welds on each to hold them in place.

·
Registered
592 Posts
It's Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie you bloody yonk, yink, whatever :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, had to throw that in!
Hope you guys get the Australian humour.
I've only met 3 Aussie's that I can remember and they all lived in Arizona when I was growing up. I know they all had to have a sense of humor cause all 3 had a mullet. :lol:

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've only met 3 Aussie's that I can remember and they all lived in Arizona when I was growing up. I know they all had to have a sense of humor cause all 3 had a mullet. :lol:
austrailians are the bomb!

i miss ole' steve irwin :(

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All you guys are welcome here any time.
I'm sure we could round up some spare bikes to go and play.
I back onto Stockton dunes so we can ride till we drop.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
All you guys are welcome here any time.
I'm sure we could round up some spare bikes to go and play.
I back onto Stockton dunes so we can ride till we drop.

I hope to make it next year, I have some friends to visit in Rockhampton.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts