KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for anyone who has an aftermarket exhaust.

I was at my year end racing banquet this weekend and among the awards and new schedual. They announced some of the rule changes for the upcomming year. They announced that for this comming year the sound limit would remain at 99dB. But in 2010 it would be cut down to 94dB, NO EXCEPTIONS.

This was a bit of a shock as 99dB has been the norm for years. Yet i can see where they are comming from as we (as riders) are loosing places to ride left and right due to excesive noise levels.

I do not know if this is a National movement or not, i know that our series followes the GNCC rules almost to the T, so it may be for everyone in the future.

Just remember, and im sure the guys doing the dyno's on the pipes can attest.....LOUDER DOESN"T MEAN FASTER.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Here in Australia 94db has been bought in this year.
It's going to be interesting to see what sort of pipes come out of this.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hate to rain on your thread but there is no such thing as a quite pipe that makes any power, you've been hanging out over at KTMTALK to long, when someone makes a quite pipe that makes power i'm in till then, I'll use my stock in low DB areas and my aftermarket in the others, by the way AMA is 98 this year lowering one db every year, (if I read the rules correctly)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hate to rain on your thread but there is no such thing as a quite pipe that makes any power, you've been hanging out over at KTMTALK to long, when someone makes a quite pipe that makes power i'm in till then, I'll use my stock in low DB areas and my aftermarket in the others, by the way AMA is 98 this year lowering one db every year, (if I read the rules correctly)
I agree that there in not a pipe that is quite and still makes good power. But im talking about the ones that are just crazy loud, like curtis sparks & big gun. Idk if they make them for ktm or not, but i know they do for other quads and they are LOUD. I had my FMF 4.1 with mega bomb tested last year at a race and it ony tested at 96dB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts