KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2 stainless steel mesh oil filters to cut costs since I like to change oil frequently in my atv's and am not very fond of buying two filters plus dropping $10 a quart on oil everytime I change it. I was hesitant at first, but after giving Maxima a call and getting some feedback from them I decided to buy the type that completely disassemble for cleaning (I always run Maxima fluids so I obviously value their input). I was impressed with the quality of the filters, they appear to be put together well. Has anyone else considered these? I haven't read anything bad about them, but I'm sure everyone has an opinion on them. I thought this might be of use to anyone that changes their oil like I do. Here's a link to the CRT filters I bought which are basically like a Scotts or any other out there...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Reusable-Oi...-EXC-SXS-SXC-XC

·
Registered
86 Posts
i use the stainless steel filters cant remember which brand i just know my dealer recomended them and all the mechanics use them on there ktm race bikes

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
i used a Ready Racing filter in my Honda with no problems. i just ordered filters from them for my KTM. i race also so i know it would add up to buy 2 filters everytime i wanted to change oil. they'll pay for themselves in a short amount of time.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey patrickj75, I bought a 450R/250R billet shifter off of you when you parted your bike out. You might remember, but anyways it's cool to see you're on a KTM too. I made the switch a few weeks ago when I bought my 525.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
i am a HUGE fan of resuable oil filters. not only are they super convienent, they filter stuff that typical paper/cloth filters couldnt dream of catching. i have used them on all my quads in the past.

scott's performance is the pioneer of reusable filters, but you cant beat the quality and price of ready racing's filters. i will order a set from ready racing here soon.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Hey patrickj75, I bought a 450R/250R billet shifter off of you when you parted your bike out. You might remember, but anyways it's cool to see you're on a KTM too. I made the switch a few weeks ago when I bought my 525.
hey man! yea, i made the switch. i haven't rode it yet. just trying to get parts for the upcoming racing season. i'm really excited about this quad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts