KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

Anyone running Rocket Ron SX wp's with JB modded lower sx a arms?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  kiwi-craig 
#1 ·
I'm going to send my shocks to Ron next week for some of his tripple rate magic and want to know,how the JB modded a arms work with his setup....

What would be the benefit of spending the $350 on the a-arm mod,is it worth it after Ron re-works the shocks? Or am I just throwing money away?

#2 ·
I have not run WP's with the modded arms but I ran my Axis with stock and now JB modded arms. The shock stroke feels a lot smoother and seems to give a more plush feel. The lower arm gusset he installs also helps cut out flex quite a bit.

#5 ·
JB mods: definitely improves the ride "plushness" you will need more spring rate as a result of the increased leverage,

#6 ·
Ok so anotherwords,he would have to set it up differently then if I had stock a arms..Cool thanks!

#7 ·
Yes, the leverage ratio changes from approx 1.5:1 to 1.9:1. Also, if I remember correct the extended shock length needs to be 18 5/8" but it would be best to check with JB.

#8 ·
The JB modified stock arms are setup to suit the Stock WPS length shocks

#10 ·
Ron's setup worked awesome on the first ride.Fairly plush yet able to take big hits off jumps.The tripple rate setup is the bizz!

Thanks Ron!

#11 ·
another happy customer :lol:, once your had good suspension there is no going back to stock stuff…….

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.