KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my bike out yesterday with my new dasa pipe on. Well long story short I rode for about 1 hr straight and ended up blowing my rear shock. Fluid everywhere, on my plastics, motor, etc etc. What a mess!!!!!!!!1 I pulled over and touched the shock. It was as hot as the exhaust pipe. The problem is the dasa pipe is so big that its not only resting on the frame but its almost touching the shock resi when Im sitting on it. So it gets hot. Way hot. I can only assume my carb is getting that hot to. So after Ron takes care of my rear shock (THANK YOU VERY MUCH), I will be wrapping my dasa with header wrap. Just thought I would share my story so you guys dont run into the same issue. DAMN DASA!!!! Hey Higgerson give me my hmf back. LOL ;)

·
Registered
568 Posts
I had a conversation with you when I got the first dasa. We talked about exhaust wrap and I used it on mine. I raced a gp on mine and it was fine. Once I get my pep back I won't even have that issue. I will also get a cf carb guard from trew and I will take the wrap off.

·
Registered
540 Posts
HAHA no way driver! why did you sell the HMF and get a Dasa? and can you tell a difference? Dasa was gonna be my first choice of exhaust but then you convinced me that the HMF was the best then you got rid of it haha oh and btw, i got that carb shipped out today for ya. Thanks

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HAHA no way driver! why did you sell the HMF and get a Dasa? and can you tell a difference? Dasa was gonna be my first choice of exhaust but then you convinced me that the HMF was the best then you got rid of it haha oh and btw, i got that carb shipped out today for ya. Thanks

Pretty much Fuel is my sponsor and I wanna run the product he sellls. Im very unhappy with this pipe but its not his fault. It feels good up top but lacks in the bottom and mid where the hmf shined. In a straight drag race the dasa would probably come out a little but all around on the track the hmf was better. Oh well Ill live. Just had to put the 38r back on. I originally put a 37r on it because it pulled so good down low. I loved it.

Thanks for shipping the carb.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is my solution to the problem for now. Hopefully my carb and shock stay a little cooler now. LOL

·
Registered
568 Posts
paint that thing anthony! they have orange and black paint at my auto shop. i painted mine black.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I was going to suggest the same thing! It will also help it last better with water and other stuff wearing it so it will look better and last longer

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the way it looks. ill replace it in a few months so no big deal. I bought a big roll of it. I like the raw look. LOL

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha definatly, it does look good when its new! Does anyone have a rough estimate how many degrees it cuts down on heat?

I can tell you its alot. You can put your hand right next to it while its running no problem.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
So you can paint the header wrap itself and it stick fine? How much for a roll and how long of a roll does it take to do the full header?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So you can paint the header wrap itself and it stick fine? How much for a roll and how long of a roll does it take to do the full header?

The wrap, straps, and wrap paint/sealant cost around $75 total. Pretty much follow the install instructions and it goes like a breeze. Took me about 30min to do mine and I took my time. I wouldnt go much farther than I did so the motor can disipate heat. Id say alteast 10inches.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Today I was freshening up the top end for one of our sponsored riders and he's running a full DASA. It was rubbing the shock resivor, burned a hole in a Fourwerx carb heat sheild, and was rubbing on the waterpump area of the clutch cover. I called dasa to inquire of a second gen pipe that fit properly, thinking maybe that's why they're three weeks backordered. I was told if I didn't like it the customer could return it and that's how they are. Then I was asked if that's all I wanted. So I replied no, I'd also like to cancel the three that I have on order.

Set up an account with HMF this afternoon. They seemed quite happy to sell me some pipes.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today I was freshening up the top end for one of our sponsored riders and he's running a full DASA. It was rubbing the shock resivor, burned a hole in a Fourwerx carb heat sheild, and was rubbing on the waterpump area of the clutch cover. I called dasa to inquire of a second gen pipe that fit properly, thinking maybe that's why they're three weeks backordered. I was told if I didn't like it the customer could return it and that's how they are. Then I was asked if that's all I wanted. So I replied no, I'd also like to cancel the three that I have on order.

Set up an account with HMF this afternoon. They seemed quite happy to sell me some pipes.

Funny thing. Dasa contacted me today to try and get Jakes bike back there. They wouldnt say why! Hopefully a revision of the piping.

Good choice on the hmf. They work very well.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I can't believe some people go thru all these problems for a pipe. I'd just send the POS back, and get a pipe that actually fit without needing $100 in wrap, or whatever.
Is there something special about DASA? I really don't know much about them, but they seem popular on here.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Dasa just makes good power. But the downfall is the piping is so big it rubs and creates a bunch of spots that rub. Not worth the gain in my opinion. HMF ftw! A good fit and great power according to drivers dyno

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I can't believe some people go thru all these problems for a pipe. I'd just send the POS back, and get a pipe that actually fit without needing 0 in wrap, or whatever.
Is there something special about DASA? I really don't know much about them, but they seem popular on here.
I know, I have never been a fan of Dasa, But It seems to me that they have beer flavored stickers they must send out, because every body likes them!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts