KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys, who else is making stems, the SX stem is to tall with ATV flexx bars on it, seems the XC is the better setup from my experience, I guess i'm average height right around 5'11" - 6'.0"

don't really want to pay the $$$$ for an XC stem that I know will pretzel in the first decent crash.........

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
walsh is making a chromoly stock replacement 200 dallors i love mine

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Houser is doing one for the XC, thats the height I want, SX is to tall

Houser xc stem

is the SX stem diameter the same as the XC, apart from the SX having seals in the top stem bracket, hence the differnt part number. The xc doesn't have seals; we had the stem sieze in the top bush in the XC forcing the bushing to move in the bracket, with very stiff steering that wouldn't self correct.......SCARY..........

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Rath Racing will have some also. I just brought my XC down there for mock-up.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Hey Craig, I'm having a couple of solid bars machined up at the moment to drive down the centre of the standard stem. They will only be about 7" long and pass from the top clamp through to about 3" past the bottom of the top bush. Should fix the issue.
BTW, the SX stem is only 1/2" longer than the XC stem.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gonna have to do some measuring cause the SX looks like a skyscraper for the flexx's on......... and the ride position is rubbish as a result.

Lost: you'll have to cut out the top piece of the stem with the thread in it for the bar clamp jam nut ???

I can see an NZ custom being machined up given the US - NZ dollar exchange rate......... NZ$400 plus for a stem........ hmmmm not likley mate :angry:

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
idk man i loove the sx stem with the flexx bars, i have them rolled forward so theyre really high it feels awesome, it keeps you elbows up when your riding, and the leverage is much better for throwing the bike around

1 - 7 of 7 Posts