KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet pictures, do most guys race w/o nerfs of the desert stuff?
Most guys do run Heel guards. I haven't run them yet. I like the way it feels without them. Makes it feel more like riding a bike and keeps me from being lazy and using the heel guards to ride rather than keeping my weight on the pegs where it should be.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
thats cool, i've never thought about it that way..

i've been thinking about getting nerfs but havent decided if i want them yet....i'm only out on the MX track now and then so it's been kind of nice not having them

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
ive watched 3 broken ankles and a broken leg because a foot falls and becomes entangled in the bike, I used to run with just nerfs but i ended up with my foot stuck and the bike summersaulting, i pulled my achilles tendon, I only run with nerfs and heal guards now, its way safer than haveing open spots for you fet to land and become stuck in

·
Registered
51 Posts
nice bike...
Im setting my bike up for desert racing and was just wondering how it pulls the 22in tires through the soft stuff , im currently on 15 /37 gearing and 20 in tires and it seems like it can pull the 22s for more top end on the hard pack but what about the soft stuff??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts