KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me why this full system is so expensive.........

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
It's a high quality part, titanium and you have to pay for the brand.
Yes it's very good quality but i think overprice even then...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a high quality part, titanium and you have to pay for the brand.
Yes it's very good quality but i think overprice even then...
overpriced....big time up here in canada the full system is around 2200$..........but is it better then all the other full systems out there...........cause if it is ....getting it.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
the build quality is unmatched. I'm used to biffing systems after one season cause they are falling apart or have failed......... DrD, HMF, CT, GYTR........... nothing yet has gone past one racing season on my Yamaha's......... KTM die hards reckon the akro is a whole new ball game re longetivity......... and I sure as heck didn't pay anything like retail either.........

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the build quality is unmatched. I'm used to biffing systems after one season cause they are falling apart or have failed......... DrD, HMF, CT, GYTR........... nothing yet has gone past one racing season on my Yamaha's......... KTN die hards "assure" the akro is a whole new ball game......... and I sure as heck didn't pay anything like retail either.........
you just helped me a wholelot in my decision......anyone else who feels that way please speek up.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
the big question is how do they stack up HP wise............ I wish there was someone in the US who would lend Ranch and driver one to test............. Hell it cost me more that a new one in shipping to get it there.....

I went that way as part of my sponsorship package, and they meet the 96Db noise level we have to comply with.

I see WORCS has 96Db for Pro and 98Db for ProAm this year ! thats rules out all the current HP pipes ??

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
the big question is how do they stack up HP wise............ I wish there was someone in the US who would lend Ranch and driver one to test............. Hell it cost me more that a new one in shipping to get it there.....

I went that way as part of my sponsorship package, and they meet the 96Db noise level we have to comply with.

I see WORCS has 96Db for Pro and 98Db for ProAm this year ! thats rules out all the current HP pipes ??
My FMF can meet that. With the spark arrester in it was tested at 92db's. I know it was tested at the MX nationals at 98db.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
My dad got one of the akra systems for his 525. One thing that really stands out to me about it is that the inside of the pipe is completely smooth-no weld bleed through and you can barely feel where two pieces of pipe meet. It's got to be the least restrictive for sure. The head pipe is definitely longer than the stocker so it may produce more bottom end than others, and the two separate head pipes come together alot smoother than what I have noticed on the CT and HMF. I wish dad would let me take it off and send it in to get a dyno report. Seat of the pants runs suggest it would be good. It also comes with a ceramic grease that goes between the joints to keep the titanium from fusing together.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I forgot to say that it comes with both 94 and 96db quiet cores. The carbon fiber mounting bands don't help the price either. One reason that it is more expensive than other ti systems is that there are different kinds of titanium just like there are different kinds of steel. A 4130 chromoly is alot more expensive than a 1020 plain carbon steel, but it is alot stronger and tougher.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
an interesting note: Akro actually manufactures there own TI pipe, nothing was up to the specs needed in there opinion for bike exhaust use....... pretty full on .....

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the full system for my ktm, my dad has it for his but hasnt installed it yet. I didnt pay what the dealer asked for it though, i got it a bit cheaper. On my other account Screenlookr (it wont let me log in with my password) i have my mods listed.

The pipe's craftsmanship is amazing, the welds are clean and the fit is precise, and the blue color the headpipe turns is awesome :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
i think the can is around 700 and the head pipe is like 750 in the states

i paid right around 1800 CAD for the whole system from my dealer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts