KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Open up as in get to the filter or letting more air flo in?
If you are asking about the amount of air, I have just ordered 1 of these - http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=KT-5201
Just waiting for a reply from outerwears to try & get a pre filter for it.
According to this link the K&N KT-5201 fits all these models:
http://www.knfilters.com/news/news.aspx?ID=1233

Then according to Outerwears Racing Link this Outerwear will work? it says UNI though?:
http://www.outerwearsracing.com/proddetail.asp?prod=4868

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
You can also drill some 1 inch holes in the plastic around the airbox area. This helps for flow, but might be a little dirty for some. You can also drill and instal florite filters.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
can't you just take out the snorkel and remove the two sides from the airbox? i saw Farr's TT bike had those removed.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
i am working on a bolt on full intake system for the 450/525. it will clamp directly on th carb and use a large 250r style filter w/ outerwear. the filter has about 40% more surface area than the stock filter. no modifications to the plastic are required. hopefully i will have dyno results here soon; it will at least be 2-3 weeks until i get my head back from moto headz racing.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bronson want to trade for some paddles?
Got ITP Dune Stars 20X11-9 that will fit stock rims...
21X12-8 Edges 8 paddle
22X12-10 Edges 9 Paddle
22X11-8 8 Paddle Haulers
20X11-10 Sand Skates

I think that is all I have for sale
I have been running and racing the Dune Stars even though they are not top end tires they have great ridability (Is that a word?) and hook up a little too much at times but slide controllable...I found the Haulers will slide so far and then just slide out from under you!

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
i still need to come up there and check out what you have. i just have been super busy with the twins at home. i will definitely get with you when you are back in town so i can come by and get some paddles.

if the intake works out well and makes good power, it will be marketed and sold to the masses.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i still need to come up there and check out what you have. i just have been super busy with the twins at home. i will definitely get with you when you are back in town so i can come by and get some paddles.

if the intake works out well and makes good power, it will be marketed and sold to the masses.
Take care of those twins and their Mom Bronson...greatest gift in the world...my children had a blast at Glamis...we took some Snow Sleds and rode a few of the dunes down...great having the RZR for riding the whole family around even though its a Polaris

·
Registered
195 Posts
Take care of those twins and their Mom Bronson...greatest gift in the world...my children had a blast at Glamis...we took some Snow Sleds and rode a few of the dunes down...great having the RZR for riding the whole family around even though its a Polaris
I think I might have seen you guys there at Glamis when you did that...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I might have seen you guys there at Glamis when you did that...
We do sand sled quite a bit and even at Kermit Dunes out in West Texas and also at Mescalero Dunes in New Mexico...always bring something that the kiddos like to do...they really like the night rides out in New Mexico and West Texas where there are quite a few animals out at night...RZR has allowed us all to ride together and I can still get it and two Quads in my Toyhauler Garage....thats the only reason I went with thew RZR is it's size
(Thats what I convinced my wife with), but the 800 and the Suspension did come into play...she really enjoys driving it and having a place to carry the cameras, drinks, sleds, and of course the kiddos and I can ride on the quad by myself and rip!!!!
Nothing like Glamis though SJ...we love it out there...going to move back if we ever get our home sold in Texas....

·
Registered
195 Posts
We do sand sled quite a bit and even at Kermit Dunes out in West Texas and also at Mescalero Dunes in New Mexico...always bring something that the kiddos like to do...they really like the night rides out in New Mexico and West Texas where there are quite a few animals out at night...RZR has allowed us all to ride together and I can still get it and two Quads in my Toyhauler Garage....thats the only reason I went with thew RZR is it's size
(Thats what I convinced my wife with), but the 800 and the Suspension did come into play...she really enjoys driving it and having a place to carry the cameras, drinks, sleds, and of course the kiddos and I can ride on the quad by myself and rip!!!!
Nothing like Glamis though SJ...we love it out there...going to move back if we ever get our home sold in Texas....
Keep me posted...always love riding with new people...especially if they have snowmobiles...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did this K&N filter work well in the quad??

KM
Yeah it worked great...thought it was kinda dodgy at first but it turned out great...I also drilled two 1-1/2" Holes on each side of the air box behind the scoops and dropped the plastic cap so sand could pass right through if it did get in the air box. Lost the air snorkel off the back of the air box also...

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
LTZ470, can you put up some pictures of how you made it work.
I tried to fit mine last night & couldn't come up with an easy way to make it fit.
I don't want to give it away if I can use it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts