KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody knows of a after market or dirt bike CDi box work on 2008 450xc??? Heard rumors XC pro's run Dirt Bike CDI box but not sure which type...

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
the sx bike box will not work on the xc; as i have personally tested it... results no spark, has to do with gear safety switch being confused because of reverse being present. i have no idea about it working on the sx though.

the ktm pro riders use a stock box with he handlebar switch that has two custom cut maps specifically designed for the riding conditions they are facing...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the sx bike box will not work on the xc; as i have personally tested it... results no spark, has to do with gear safety switch being confused because of reverse being present. i have no idea about it working on the sx though.

the ktm pro riders use a stock box with he handlebar switch that has two custom cut maps specifically designed for the riding conditions they are facing...

i know for a fact that adam & taylor use dirt bike cdi's that are flashed with two very distinct maps for different types of riding conditions... they have to the ability to adjust these maps infinitely until they get them exactly how adam & taylor prefer.

my source has un-restricted access to the front lines!!!

--------------------
Bronson90
Hey Bronson90:
I found this comment from you on the dyno section and this why I asked you about the dirt bike CDI, are the pro riders using dirt bike cdi or atv cdi. Or are the the same cdi???

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts