KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wondering if there has been a dyno comparing the cdi on the 525 xc in normal mode and performance mode? I kept switching back and fourth between the 2 modes trying to figure out if there was a difference in power it seemed like performance mode lost a little bit of low end but gained it back up top but not sure again to hard to tell.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
very little differnce between the two.

the race teams reflash the eprom chip with new settings this then allows them to be like a vortex unit with two maps on the fly.

I've talked with Richard Murling, the owner of Vortex in Austrlaia, they have seen big gains the XC engines with there new cdi (uses sx type mapping).

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Kiwi do you know when these will be available to the public?

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
very little differnce between the two.

the race teams reflash the eprom chip with new settings this then allows them to be like a vortex unit with two maps on the fly.

I've talked with Richard Murling, the owner of Vortex in Austrlaia, they have seen big gains the XC engines with there new cdi (uses sx type mapping).
A vortex type cdi would be the final piece to complete my 600 build... who do I need to talk to get one of these bad boys!!!

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
The Vortex X10 CDI is available according to the Vortex website.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
yup basicallly they use there 450 SX unit with reduced rev limit and some other tweaks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts