KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell me what kind of gains i can expect from 8/06 cam in a 450XC with full exhaust?

Thanks

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Better mid to top end, far better rev out power where the stocker tends to go very flat.

8/06 cam was the stock cam used in the SX version of the RFS engine.

8/33 cam is what KTM offers in there motard kit - it has more hit and better top end again

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Better mid to top end, far better rev out power where the stocker tends to go very flat.

8/06 cam was the stock cam used in the SX version of the RFS engine.

8/33 cam is what KTM offers in there motard kit - it has more hit and better top end again
Thanks Craig ;) that's exactly what this friend of mine is seeking, mid and top end.
He may be sticking a 540cyl in but later in the year so i think 8/06 cam goes well with that too and is a good long term investment for him!

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
07 cam was built for the SMR 560 motard and stroker / big bores to get them breathing, those big engines apparently like plenty of cam !

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Thanks Craig ;) that's exactly what this friend of mine is seeking, mid and top end.
He may be sticking a 540cyl in but later in the year so i think 8/06 cam goes well with that too and is a good long term investment for him!
I ran one in my stock 450XC, really thats what the factory should have shipped them with from day one............

540: the 8/33 could be the ticket !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts