KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my quad off the dyno and I'm kinda bumed at the power it made. Ended up pulling 52.66HP and 35.58TQ. I have pretty much all the supporting mods. Its a thumper racing 570 with their trail port job and stock sized kibble white valves, 833 cam, 43mm Carb. FCI intake. Hi-flow water pump. Jagg oil cooler. CV4 battery 8 cell 275 cca.Full FMF 4.1 Ti with powerbomb header. Jetting ended up being 45 pilot with a 172 main @ 1.5 turns out. Kinda wondering where I lost the HP I was expecting, I've seen guys with pretty much the same setup pull in 10+HP more than mine. Any ides:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Others have more knowledge than myself on this site ,but I would guess your leaving some Hp on the table with the 833 cam ,and also I been told the FMF powerbomb will take some hp away , the pipe might sound wise be less db than others but your losing hp by the design.

Note I have the same pipe I my polaris outlaw with the 525 now 570 and other polaris owners with the stock head pipe are making 4 more hp over the FMF on Dyno comparsions.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Each dyno can pull numbers differently, even elevation and temperature can come into account.... Don't worry about comparing your numbers with other peoples pulls off other dynos, you need to compare yours with a stock 525 on the same dyno to see how much you improved.... Lol Look at LED , they use a one wheel dyno and thats probably why there numbers are so much different... Hell as long as it does what you want.. who cares what the numbers are?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
JUst a thought here but you went to a bigger cam but not more air. Why not do plus1 valves and do a 8/07 cam. Be 58 or so

·
Registered
366 Posts
My 570 was the first I think that LED jetted and dyno. He did it a year and a half ago I think. It runs strong and came in at 62hp. One dyno might be 58 and the other 62. I am happy with how it rides so the number does not make much difference. It was a 450xc that I built. I left the 450 sticker on it. Every trip to the dunes someone comments on how well the 450 hill climbs with the 24" paddles. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gave the +1 valves much consideration when building the Motor but was eventually talked out of it, was kinda steered towards its more money put in than the return is worth sort of thing. I know its just a number but I put alot of time and money into it and would like to get as much return out of it as possible, I hate leaving more meat on the table when I see my results are some of the lowest posted to date on a 570. I'm really starting to reconsider my exhaust choice, I already had the FMF on it before I decided to go big with the motor though. The ktm bills pipe may be in my near future

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Well here's something to chew on. Are dyno is 2hp tighter then most I got 53.70 with Ktmbill pipe and gutted intake. Stock motor Are you matching stuff up? Like the the carb to cylinder boot? You shoulda did alot better. Just my opinion. I'm no expert.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Well i think your definately leaving some power on the table with that exhaust. Also you may just have a poorly matched combo. A bigger motor and cam will pull alot of air if it can get it through the vavles. I think with a different exhaust oversize valves and a fresh tune you would be a lot happier with the numbers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It was on sredrum's dyno, I think even he was a little surprised at what the final number ended up being as well, we were both expecting more......this was my first run and didn't have a stock baseline comparison from when it was still a 450. I will go back over everything tomorrow. I'm gonna try epoxy the transition ring that came with the FCI to make sure it doesn't move around on me. That power has to be hiding in this thing somewhere! Anyone interested in a FMF exhaust lol?

·
Registered
822 Posts
It was on sredrum's dyno, I think even he was a little surprised at what the final number ended up being as well, we were both expecting more......this was my first run and didn't have a stock baseline comparison from when it was still a 450. I will go back over everything tomorrow. I'm gonna try epoxy the transition ring that came with the FCI to make sure it doesn't move around on me. That power has to be hiding in this thing somewhere! Anyone interested in a FMF exhaust lol?
This is your first problem. You don't have anything to compare to, from your old set up. You can not compare any other dyno nor any other builds from the same dyno. To do so will just drive you nuts. ( Believe me, I was there also back a while ago when I had my toy dynoed. ) You should only compare your motor to your motor.

What needle are you using??

That pipe have been proven on more than one dyno to loose HP over even the stock header.

Just for shits and giggles, try again with the stock intake tube installed with a clean twin air filter. You might be in for a very large surprise.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How do you like that cv4 battery? Thinking about getting 1 for my 570

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
only taking powerbomb header right, not the power losing megabomb…… will the stock header go on ?

any sort of insert in the rear of that muffler setup ???

possibly not enough cam to feed the big bore ??

·
Registered
329 Posts
What did the air fuel ratio look like? I have seen alot of 43mm carbs go lean in the last 1/4 throttle. The have to be set up a certain way and not everyone that bore carbs knows how to set the carb up when they bore it that big. You have to modify the carb body and air corrector. Looking at your jetting specs your main jet is way to small for a 43mm carb on a 570. Should be in the 185-188 range. What needle are you using?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I ran a Thumper Racing 570 for a few years. I'd suggest an 8/07 cam for it. The 8/33 cam runs VERY well on a 12.5:1 525, which is my current setup. That makes me think you'd be going flat on top with that cam on the 570. I ran an 8/07 on that engine and it was strong EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I agree that the 8/33 is a little on the small side for a 570. What kind of riding do you do with this thing? Could you afford to give up a little bottom to make more up top?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree that the 8/33 is a little on the small side for a 570. What kind of riding do you do with this thing? Could you afford to give up a little bottom to make more up top?
That sounds about right from what Tony (Tparsley) tells me, 570 and 8/07. He has a few big builds. And of course as Travis is saying , tuning. The KTMBill pipe should help from what everyone here has said obviously.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do mostly trail riding so mid range is really where I wanted my punch at, when I get done with work I'm gonna run the dyno sheet through the scanner and get it posted up here so you guys can see how it ran out. I didn't think the curve was to bad. it was a steady climb up to the limiter. I just was expecting more.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How do you like that cv4 battery? Thinking about getting 1 for my 570
. I love the CV4, it was just what I needed, its nice to never have to worry about spinning a motor over with that much compression and I say it makes quick work of firing it right up. For me it was surely worth the investment.

·
Registered
329 Posts
when I get done with work I'm gonna run the dyno sheet through the scanner and get it posted up here so you guys can see how it ran out. I didn't think the curve was to bad. it was a steady climb up to the limiter. I just was expecting more.
Try a 185 main and tell us how it feels. What have you got to loose? Remember there is an accelerator pump squirting during the first 2/3 seconds of acceleration which will give you a incorrect reading (richer than actual) if you are using a chassie dyno.

What needle are you running? Was the air corrector jet modified when the carb was converted to 43mm?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts