KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went to the dyno with my new 42mm taperbore compliments of Walt, and some u4.2 to test out. Anyways I forgot to print both graphs but the bored carb lost power all the way up to about 6500 then started to take over up top. Taking the peak to about 55.2 and then leveled off to stock area. Im guessing once cams and piston come into play it will be better. Then drained the pump and added u4.2. Power across the board. Peak went to over 56whp and torque is huge now. 39ftlbs. Im super stoked with this machine. Pulls like crazy!!!!!!!! Here is the graph. Once I have 14.1 piston and cams this thing will do around 60whp easy and torque should be insane. I cant wait. Enjoy and more to come dont you worry.

·
Registered
568 Posts
man i wish i had something like that!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
About 2 more weeks and i will be crashing at you place so we can play with mine :) so it the carb bore really worth it for a mostly stock set up? I dont think I will go that route.

·
Registered
568 Posts
About 2 more weeks and i will be crashing at you place so we can play with mine :) so it the carb bore really worth it for a mostly stock set up? I dont think I will go that route.

you got yours yet? itp is on sunday.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
No. I got caught up in Finance. Its at the dealership, I will be working on it Tuesday :) I will be on a pretty much stock LTR in the intermediate class, Thats gonna blow

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WE can just bolt mine on your bike and find out. On a bike with intake and exhaust only, itll depend on your style. Most peeps like to run their bike wound out. I know I do, so it works great for me. If your lugging your bike through the turns and such then probably not. Killer mid and top gains though. Im happy with mine. When i go with some cams Ill probably do 43mm and port match the intake side of the head. I matched the boot on the carb side for now, but eventually when i have it apart Ill open up the intake side just a touch to match.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. I got caught up in Finance. Its at the dealership, I will be working on it Tuesday :) I will be on a pretty much stock LTR in the intermediate class, Thats gonna blow

YOull be fine. Ryan motod on his ltr today with stock 08 fronts and he said they suprisingly felt damn good.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Oh I know. Im not TOO worried about the shocks, I am just SO sore right now. I went riding for a few hours yesterday and I hurt. I just hope thats the last of being sore.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh I know. Im not TOO worried about the shocks, I am just SO sore right now. I went riding for a few hours yesterday and I hurt. I just hope thats the last of being sore.
Dude I told you. LOL Its not the quad its just what happens when you havent ridden for months. Me and Bizzy didnt ride for 3 weeks. Then we went and burnt a tank at the track and could barely walk for 2 days. :p

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Dude I told you. LOL Its not the quad its just what happens when you havent ridden for months. Me and Bizzy didnt ride for 3 weeks. Then we went and burnt a tank at the track and could barely walk for 2 days. :p
Yup, still sore today

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You need to stretch alot. Will help. The first ride always leaves you sore for awhile. LOL

Youll be fine. Ill tell Bizzy tonight that they sent the wrong shocks and we will try and make them work when you come. He will trip!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
k tell him the box says the shcoks are 16.2 inches :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I see you run U4.2, Nice power increase for just fuel, ive heard that u4.2 is corrosive to the aluminum in the engine,Is this true or not? I dont have any personal experince with it but I would like to try it if there arent any negative affects.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ya, any Oxy fuel is corrosive. U4.2 is less corrosive though. U4 was designed a long time ago and the U4.2 is the redisgned U4 that is less corrosive and can pass the AMA fuel check. Just make sure if and when you use it you drain it from your tanks, lines and carb .

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Na, just drain from carb. Its fine in tank. My bike ran killer with it in there. Nice smooth power!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks guys! I might give it a try!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
So went to the dyno with my new 42mm taperbore compliments of Walt, and some u4.2 to test out. Anyways I forgot to print both graphs but the bored carb lost power all the way up to about 6500 then started to take over up top. Taking the peak to about 55.2 and then leveled off to stock area. Im guessing once cams and piston come into play it will be better. Then drained the pump and added u4.2. Power across the board. Peak went to over 56whp and torque is huge now. 39ftlbs. Im super stoked with this machine. Pulls like crazy!!!!!!!! Here is the graph. Once I have 14.1 piston and cams this thing will do around 60whp easy and torque should be insane. I cant wait. Enjoy and more to come dont you worry.

You should try some MRX01 if you want to see some real good #'s on the wheel.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 44 Posts