KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"If you want to own the best powerband available, your only choice is the 2008 KTM 505SXF."

Now the only problem is how to make more room in the garage..., oh yeah, and how to come up with 12 grand when I'm still paying for my 525XC.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
yup, im hoping for something that matches my YZF 480 hp and torque wise and is relaible, the yamahamma sure ain't anymore.... the light weight, brakes and hyd clutch are all icing on the cake....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does sound nice. But it also sounds like the 450SX is a bit of a slouch or at least, only on par with the other 450's out. Hmmmm. I'm still hoping a 450SX engine will slide right into my 525XC chassis.
First two sentences sound too negative. Let me say in addition, Right On! Sounds like KTM did a little more homework on the SX's.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does sound nice. But it also sounds like the 450SX is a bit of a slouch or at least, only on par with the other 450's out. Hmmmm. I'm still hoping a 450SX engine will slide right into my 525XC chassis.
First two sentences sound too negative. Let me say in addition, Right On! Sounds like KTM did a little more homework on the SX's.
Yeah, they might be overstating the difference to make their point--they love this engine. Also, the only difference according to them is the bore, the 505 is 27 cc bigger, otherwise they are the exact same engine.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Yeah, they might be overstating the difference to make their point--they love this engine. Also, the only difference according to them is the bore, the 505 is 27 cc bigger, otherwise they are the exact same engine.
correct, the 505 is 477cc's not 505cc's

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
correct, the 505 is 477cc's not 505cc's
the 450SX is the highest HP out of all the stock 2 wheeler mxers and has a sweet power band, check out any of the 2 wheeler reviews, the KTM 450 has the most engine in it's class.......... basically with a muffler swap it gonna be a mean arse unit !

based on my Yamaha's, 450 vs 480, the 480 is a killer engine in comparison, typically pulls a gear higher in most situations and has fantastic rideability. Sure hoping the 505 (477cc) is of a similar nature.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts