KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At that elevation I think your gonna find the stock jetting pretty good. From my limited experience (XC 450 and SX 505) the stock idle setting (pilot) is very lean, and they have a very long accel pump squirt. Rest of the jetting is pretty good and the main spot on for the stock needle.

for sea level I'd go up one on the idle (45 pilot) and 1 clip richer on the needle and fit an R&D adjustable accel pump cover.

For you elevation things could be pretty good. I"d still go for an adjustable pump cover. Possibly the larger 45 idle.

If you really want to splurge out, get the JD jetting kit.

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Quad 97 - sorry I dont know what happened then, my reply cut straight over your post - very wierd ????

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
At 2700ft. I ended up with stock needle spot, 45 pilot, and 165mj. Afr was spot on, on the dyno and felt great riding. Once you put a full system on the sx major changes need to be made on the sx. Il go over those in the near future once I have it 100% figured out. Im about 80% there. LOL. Me and Walt spent 3 hours tonight figuring out the off throttle to on throttle bog issue. Its almost completely gone on my machine. Im super stoked. More tommorrow after a full day of riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts