KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked the front end it's 48 1/2 not 50 has anyone tried 3+2 offset wheels on and checked I would try but all of my extra wheel's are 4 by 144 not 4 by 156

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Is that with the front end off of the ground or with the suspension compressed?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Its 49.5-50 Ive measured it. He must be measuring from the wrong spot.

Not only that going from stock offset to 3-2 would make the quad handle worse, so I definately dont recommend that. The quad pushes a touch as it is, and that would make it worse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its 49.5-50 Ive measured it. He must be measuring from the wrong spot.

Not only that going from stock offset to 3-2 would make the quad handle worse, so I definately dont recommend that. The quad pushes a touch as it is, and that would make it worse.
I used a plate like they use in tecinspections at the gnc races. I made one because I ran into this problem on my honda and its a pain tires and wheels and go back thru the line. But I like to run right at 50"0r at least 49.5" I measured with ride weight on the bike and I come up with 48.5

·
Registered
800 Posts
I used a plate like they use in tecinspections at the gnc races. I made one because I ran into this problem on my honda and its a pain tires and wheels and go back thru the line. But I like to run right at 50"0r at least 49.5" I measured with ride weight on the bike and I come up with 48.5
I know this thread is old but I was searching for something just like this. My front end is 48.5 also, from exact outside to exact outside. My bike is an XC witn SX arms but the frames are the same. Has anyone else measured theirs stock? What do you guys come up with?

BTW I put my tires on my stock rims and did away with the 3+2 offset which I now realize that would bring me to 50" but I shouldnt have to run 3+2.

·
Registered
800 Posts
dropcorr how do you like those sx a-arms on your xc was thinking of going that route for some better handling. just lookin fyo

I love it!! The second I hit the first turn on the track I realized how much better it handled, plus the wps helped. The bike felt planted to the ground better. Less lean. Takes a little bit to get the front dialed in but you can prob be way off and still handle better than a stock xc on a track.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I run 3+2 hipers up front no problem, im not racing, only dunes so i want to be wide as possible. It helps with the shocks also because they are set up for heavy rider, so it helps me get more use out of them. i could not tell any difference in steering, or handling, but im not racing either. I grew up turning 400ex rims around backwards all the time to widen the stance, never had an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts