KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what weight of rider they set these things up for stock. Ive heard its 165lb rider. But thats what i weigh, and they seem pretty stiff. I was wondering if anybody knew for sure. Im thinking the springs seem like they are made for a heavier rider. ive been trying to dial these things in.....and im not having any luck. ive ran Axis, Elkas, Works, and now ohlins. i consider myself to be an A class rider, cuase thats what class i run. But these things just seem really stiff for me. I also checked the front end, and from stock....the front end had a toe in of 1 3/4 inches from the factory. So you guys need to check yours out, cuase that made a huge differance after i adjusted mine back to the 1/4 that i usually run.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Does anybody know what weight of rider they set these things up for stock. Ive heard its 165lb rider. But thats what i weigh, and they seem pretty stiff. I was wondering if anybody knew for sure. Im thinking the springs seem like they are made for a heavier rider. ive been trying to dial these things in.....and im not having any luck. ive ran Axis, Elkas, Works, and now ohlins. i consider myself to be an A class rider, cuase thats what class i run. But these things just seem really stiff for me. I also checked the front end, and from stock....the front end had a toe in of 1 3/4 inches from the factory. So you guys need to check yours out, cuase that made a huge differance after i adjusted mine back to the 1/4 that i usually run.

give me a call i can help you with your shocks thanks rocketron 317 319 4381

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
the stock shocks are way over damped, this makes it very difficult to figure springing and setup as the damping masks other settings.

More Camber on the top arms really helps as well..

Our XC had toe out stock, man was it a hand full, darting all over the place under brakes.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts