KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the battery from a Honda 450R. there was a post on here somewhere about it being the same size as the KTM but it has alot more juice for cranking over!!! I went to the local battery guy and he confirmed the size and CCA.

anyone try it yet?? I know theres a bigger box and YFZ battery, I was trying to avoid that route. Mine starts OK, even when cold. I just wanted to try to gain a little advantage on the dead engine starts. Looks like the battery retails for @ $90

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just did it, seems to crank a little faster. I recognize you're screen name from quadbuilder, I am bob250r over there. you race pa state or agp.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pa State Vet

I was wondering if there will be any side affects...blown fuses??? will anything get cooked running a different battery??? I think it should only make an extra draw when cranking??

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
I did mine on the SX, noticeably better hot starts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pa State Vet

I was wondering if there will be any side affects...blown fuses??? will anything get cooked running a different battery??? I think it should only make an extra draw when cranking??

I've had the YFZ battery on mine for a while. No problems with anything yet.

·
Registered
430 Posts
the battery from a Honda 450R. there was a post on here somewhere about it being the same size as the KTM but it has alot more juice for cranking over!!! I went to the local battery guy and he confirmed the size and CCA.

anyone try it yet?? I know theres a bigger box and YFZ battery, I was trying to avoid that route. Mine starts OK, even when cold. I just wanted to try to gain a little advantage on the dead engine starts. Looks like the battery retails for @

I run the bigger honda battery. Fits right in, more cold cranking amps, starts alot better, and cranks longer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like a done deal......unless anyone can tell me a downside, looks like I'll be picking one up before the season starts!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I put one in mine and starts a lot quicker! No issues yet! However, I paid $140 for the Yuasa, sounds like you're getting a good deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts