KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in buying a 450XC am currently dealing with a dealer who is offering me $10,500 Canadian, list is $10,680 +frieght and PDI. I just found a 2008, XC, listed at $8,495. only 3 hours of riding on it.

The dealer with the '09 is pretty much jerking me around, offered me every part ktm has for the XC, for the 10,500 mark, then I asked for plastics and beadlocks, they went back to saying "its only the stock ATV we're offering you, you have to pay out of your pocket for anything added on top of cost." Where as, for the used model, if I could financing, could pick up the parts i want for the money i save, even if it is a year older.

Next question is, what changes were made between 2008 and 2009 cross country models? What should I look out for?

Thanks
Jaimi p

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Do a search, it was talked about a few weeks back ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My apologies, found this thread:
http://www.ktmatvhq.com/forum/invision/ind...450xc+2008+2009

listed changes in thread is:
-ASV style clutch lever
-New upper stem bushing
-New brake calipers
-stronger rear fender mounts
-Different gas tank bolts
-thumb throttle

Biggest question is, the difference in brakes from 2008, someone said that they "broke too easy" does that mean the mounts are junk, or the calipers themselves crack or break down? Last thing I need is to be 5 miles back in the bush and loose all braking capabilities!

·
Registered
880 Posts
All 2008 have been recalled on the brakes and fixed

·
Registered
650 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just got a Brand new 08 xc from KTM World for $7300 (tax incl.), and they gave me a great trade-in deal on my 06 YFZ.

The 08 also have to have a new +3mm longer brake lever spring added during the recall. Not sure about the 09's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'm still looking. The dealer sold this ATV out from under me, had a downpayment ready to go, but they didnt put a hold sign on this 450, and of course they're gonna sell it for cash rather than credit. I'm incredibly frustrated that the dealer did this, but the salesman was amazing to deal with, I can't say anything bad other than I must just have bad luck.

The search Continues!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts