KTM ATV HQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the atv's are like the bikes the 450 produces more rpm's and raps faster than the 525 having more grunt and lower rpm's.I'm assuming the ignition mapping,flywheels,maybe stroke are different for both motors.If 540/570 kits were put on each (450/525) I'm assuming you can,which one would be the best atv.The reason I'm asking is I haven't bought one yet and I have a chance to buy a 450 and the dealer said he would give me the 540 kit for dealers cost and I pay for labor to put it on if I bought the 450.I have bikes now a 525 sx and a 520 exc ktm, so I'm use to lots of grunt out of my motors.But I'm thinking more rpm's would be nice at the dunes ala 450 with 540/570 kit.Give me some feedback people,this fat old man needs to know.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
the only difference in the 450 and 525 is the piston and cylinder. everything else it exactly the same...

but your idea makes great sense. if you know that you are going to do a 540 kit for sure; then save the extra money that a 525 costs and put that towards the 540 kit. after it is all said and done you will have the same quad...

give moto headz racing a shout, he bought a 450 knowing that he was going to do a 610 big bore stroker.

i hope this helps, good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts