KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to trade my 42.5mm taper bore carb for your stocker. This carb has already been modded and words killer. Has the acc pump squirter modded and drilled and tapped for a leak jet. Im looking to try something different with another stock sx carb. This one has no issues and made close to 1whp in mid and top. Just always trying new things. LOL

Hit me up if your interested. I just want your carb and you pay shipping. Damn good deal.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Im looking to trade my 42.5mm taper bore carb for your stocker. This carb has already been modded and words killer. Has the acc pump squirter modded and drilled and tapped for a leak jet. Im looking to try something different with another stock carb. This one has no issues and made close to 1whp in mid and top. Just always trying new things. LOL

Hit me up if your interested. I just want your carb and you pay shipping. Damn good deal.
Will a 08 450XC work? BTW would that be too much carb for that engine?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will a 08 450XC work? BTW would that be too much carb for that engine?
Possibly. Ill let you know. I was actually looking for a stock sx carb. I think this carb would work killer on an xc. We are gonna dyno it on walts xc this weekend I think. Ill post those graphs.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Possibly. Ill let you know. I was actually looking for a stock sx carb. I think this carb would work killer on an xc. We are gonna dyno it on walts xc this weekend I think. Ill post those graphs.
Don't sell that thing before I try it on my bike.... we might have to trade..

·
Registered
579 Posts
I wonder what the differences are between the XC and SX carbs. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Let me know how it goes. If it works well I will trade you.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I wonder what the differences are between the XC and SX carbs. Let me know.
The difference is 2mm the XC, (both 450 and 525) have a 39mm carb the SX (both 450 and 505) have a 41mm, other then that I see nothing

·
Registered
579 Posts
The difference is 2mm the XC, (both 450 and 525) have a 39mm carb the SX (both 450 and 505) have a 41mm, other then that I see nothing
Duh I forgot that. Well the wife does not want to swap so oh well.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
A 41mm would probably be the best for the XC with no internal mods. I imagine that some bottom end would be lost as well. That carb would be nice for the desert races though. Let us know how the testing goes on the XC with this carb.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think on a 525 its a good trade off. With bolt ons the bike has a ton of bottom. Would be nice to trade a touch of bottom for alot of mid and topend. We will post the results when we have them. Walt will probably want to keep it though. He is having a motor build as we speak! Whoops was I supposed to say that. LOL ;)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trade pending.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·