KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ktm is sending me another fuel tank. This makes number 3. The threads strip in the plastic. And the bolts get stuck in the tank. So be careful all. You can over tighten very easy. Once it starts to snug up. STOP! Any further and it's on you. It's just a design flaw on the threads inlaid in the tank. Just want everyone to know and to be careful.

·
Registered
112 Posts
3rd!!! i am still waiting for them to get me my second tank, been on back order since early Nov. smelling like gas every time i ride is getting old. getting close to ordering an IMS.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Go with the IMS pretty cheap as far as price comapared to stock and fits great. They offer clear and black as well. I bought one and could not be happier. I am still waiting on my stock raplacement as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Go with the IMS pretty cheap as far as price comapared to stock and fits great. They offer clear and black as well. I bought one and could not be happier. I am still waiting on my stock raplacement as well.
Same here ordered my IMS last week KTM tank backordered until mid March.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Same here ordered my IMS last week KTM tank backordered until mid March.

i also have the ims tank in blank, looks just like the stock tank accept a little bigger, fits great too. plus the gas cap is a lot easier to get off. for the money i would definately go with the IMS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my 2nd new tank today, nobody could tell me if the problems had been fixed but its not leaking and all the bolts are in all the holes!!! :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got mt third tank in and on today. Third times a charm. Thanks KTM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts