KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

KTM’s SX ATV introduced at Spain’ biggest Motorcycle Fair
KTM, continuing in its role as the world leader in sports motorcycles is present at the trendsetting Motorcycle Fair in Barcelona, Spain with the latest models in the successfully launched ATV series, including the new benchmark in the category SX ATV.

This model is the 2008 showcase for the SX model ATV series and represents the entire research and development effort of the Austrian manufacturer. The SX ATV is fully dedicated to motocross conditions, reinforcing KTM’s leading market position also in the ATV segments. The 2009 models will be “ready to race” as 450 and 505 cc version.

Perfection guaranteed
KTM has created the perfect Motocross ATVs – their remarkably low weight in combination with the wider front and rear dimensions guarantee an unmatched handling on any MX track. KTM also heavily focused on keeping the center of gravity as low as possible by introducing a newly designed fuel tank.
The specifically developed WP suspension elements are another highlight: they feature a wide range of adjustments, most of which revolutionize the industry: High & Low speed compression adjustability both in the front and rear. Crossover design both in the front and rear.

Unmatched engine
Available with two different engine displacements, the KTM SX ATV is high revving and incredibly powerful. Unlike the XC, it does not feature a reverse gear, thus saving weight.
It also features a big airbox with easy filter access and a race-proven Keihin 41 mm. KTM went the extra mile by topping it off with Maxxis Razr MX tires, rear Douglas beadlock rims and nerf bars as well as a protective cover for the headlight. The SX also has the same industry leading Magura front brakes, Chromoly frame, hydraulic clutch, Magura handle bar and perfect ergonomics as the acclaimed XC models.

Story taken from http://www.ktmpress.com.

Remember, you saw it here first, at KTMATVHQ!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey! KTM took my idea, lol........this is my next quad. The SX is KILLA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it will have a SX-F450 dirtbike engine with 12:5:1 comp. So,imo it should run premium gas or something better...

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
yeah, man, i need a wider KTM, mine kicked up on 2 wheels just as i was going for a pass in the last corner

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
i wonder if they'll have that god awful stock exhaust on it again, my teammate still has his stock one, all i can say is, puuuuuuuuuh!

·
Registered
18 Posts
KTM-Parts.com has the new SX listed with a price of 11,398.00. WOW!!! I thought 9K was high for my XC. I guess i'll stick with what I have. With all the power of this thing reverse is nice to have when you over-shoot the corners.
Plus reverse is fun to use when riding w/my buddy's that don't have it. "look at me na na"

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
More pics of the SX in Barcelona fair (Spain)

[attachment=759:ktmsx1.jpg][attachment=760:ktmsx2.jpg][attachment=761:ktmsx3.jpg
][attachment=762:ktmsx4.jpg]
[attachment=763:ktmsx5.jpg]

Taken from here
You can see a prepared superquad version there also and more...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
woaaah! siick, i cant wait to rip one of those!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Some more info and pics

- Function of the reverse lever now is to help engine in hot starts
- A-arms that give more 2.5" width
- RF4 engine (12:1 piston) with more 15% power than 450 RFS
- Seat position 0.55" lower
- Nerf bars
- Bigger airbox, increased volume
- F-CR 41mm carb
- Razr MX tyres
- Smaller and lower position tank, 2.65 gallon now

Dimensions
- Lenght/Width/Height: 71.3"/49.8"/44.3"
- Seat height: 31.7"
- Wheelbase: 50.4"

[attachment=797:sx1.jpg][attachment=798:sx2.jpg][attachment=799:sx3.jpg]
[attachment=800:sx4.jpg][attachment=801:sx5.jpg]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
why does the headlight cover disappear in all the action shots?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts