KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealer today and saw a printout of the 09 prices. What you've heard is true, the KTMs have skyrocketed. The 450s (both SX and XC) were $11,300 and the 505/525 were $11,600. If you're thinking about getting an XC I wouldn't wait for an 09--unless you don't mind spending roughly $2500 more for the same machine. The only changes they're making to the XC is the thumb throttle, something about repositioning it 10 degrees, and strenghtening some of the fasteners. I still want an 505SX but it's much harder to justify it now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was at the dealer today and saw a printout of the 09 prices. What you've heard is true, the KTMs have skyrocketed. The 450s (both SX and XC) were ,300 and the 505/525 were ,600. If you're thinking about getting an XC I wouldn't wait for an 09--unless you don't mind spending roughly 00 more for the same machine. The only changes they're making to the XC is the thumb throttle, something about repositioning it 10 degrees, and strenghtening some of the fasteners. I still want an 505SX but it's much harder to justify it now.

What area is the dealer in that gave you the price quotes?

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
let me remind everyone that the high price is NOT ktm's fault. it is our fault, meaning that since the dollar is so weak against the euro the consumer's are the ones that suffer...

i wont say much but you can blame it all on the mortgage industries shady lending practices. the fed has cut key interest rate's in effort to help the mortgage industry out. so when the fed increases those key interest rates back to normal the dollar will begin to rebound against foreign currencies.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
i dont think the prices even went up here
yipee

·
Registered
769 Posts
My local dealer (Boise, Idaho) said the same thing yesterday, over 11K for the 09's But, he did say if you ordered one now you would get some type of price break

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
welcome to the rest of the world, we pay $NZ16K for an XC................ around US$13.......... if you can even get one............

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
Bronson, one of us "could have"............. but you changed your mind on selling.................. !!

Me : i'm hopefully getting a 505 preproduction unit............. know in next 3 weeks or so........... that is going to be one hell of an engine

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Here in the land of OZ for a 525XC you are up for 15K aussie = 300.00 US.
Here in Euroland we pay €10700 for a 525. That's around $16600 US

KTM is an European brand and their production is in Europe so we can all understand why they ramped up the prices in US...€6500 sold in States and €10700 sold in Europe...

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
i did change my mind, i just decided to ride it a bit and see how i liked it... everything is forsale in this world.

i finally just got all my kinks ironed out of the carb, so it is alive and kicking now. right now i am having mike touch up a few areas in the the head and i am changing cams. so next week i will have everything back and be ready to head back to the dyno...

the final dyno numbers are very crucial to a succesful sale in my humble opinion...

·
Registered
107 Posts
i did change my mind, i just decided to ride it a bit and see how i liked it... everything is forsale in this world.

i finally just got all my kinks ironed out of the carb, so it is alive and kicking now. right now i am having mike touch up a few areas in the the head and i am changing cams. so next week i will have everything back and be ready to head back to the dyno...

the final dyno numbers are very crucial to a succesful sale in my humble opinion...
I've been wondering about your carb problem, what was the solution?
-Voodoo

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
James dean has the carb and is testing it on his 505 Saturday. As of right now he is convinced it was the RD powerbowl's fault. I will have confirmation Saturday afternoon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
here in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates , our 2008 525 XC s are priced at 10,600 USD , but we are a tax free country and we are also struggling with next years prices because our currency is pegged to the USD, our dealer still has a few 08s in stock if you guys are desperate

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was at the dealer today and saw a printout of the 09 prices. What you've heard is true, the KTMs have skyrocketed. The 450s (both SX and XC) were ,300 and the 505/525 were ,600. If you're thinking about getting an XC I wouldn't wait for an 09--unless you don't mind spending roughly 00 more for the same machine. The only changes they're making to the XC is the thumb throttle, something about repositioning it 10 degrees, and strenghtening some of the fasteners. I still want an 505SX but it's much harder to justify it now.
I think will be more changes for 09 XC : new engines generation, WP shocks... One important Spanish rider was talking with KTM people about this changes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts