Front master brake cylinder
    Member Rookie

Front master brake cylinder

Hi all. I have an 09 450 xc with a bad front brake master cylinder. Over time I will put money aside to fix and replace what I need to but for now I just want working front brakes.

I was looking into getting a cheap unbranded master to use until I get the original fixed. Normal the brake lines are connected to the master cylinder with a banjo bolt. The maguras are not. They just have a straight fitting that screws directly into the cylinder.

Does anyone know what this connection is called or if a good replacement I can get for it would be?

Thanks for the help

Member Rookie
    well nevermind. I think I found a rebuild kit for significantly cheaper than oem. everything looks to be about the same. its labeled as a clutch rebuild kit so im assuming both the brake cylinder and clutch cylinder are exactly the same.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moose-Clutc...sAAOSwIXZdV4V1

that's the one im going to get. like I said, from the picture and what I took out of my brake cylinder, this should be an exact fit

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    Someonee correct me if I’m wrong but I m almost certain they are not the same. The kit your referring to is probly made by all balls. Not sure if they have one specifically for the brakes. In the nicest way possible if you are fighting to get money to get it going yours going to have a bad time with the KTM. It’ll get even worse when what you tried to save money on breaks so you have to buy it twice. The KTMs and all other manufactured 450s just simply need a good amount of attention and money.
    Last edited by Youngwildandfree; 08-23-2019 at 09:26 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Yep I just checked, clutch is different from brake side.

Member Rookie
    I appreciate it. It's not that I can't afford it. It's that if I can find an aftermarket part that is cheaper than OEM which is 100 just for the rebuild then why not get aftermarket?

I was not insulting your money on any level, just saying IF you didn’t. I was also referring to what you were willing to spend on it. If an aftermarket rebuild kit is cheaper and off eBay 9 times out of 10 the quality will be lower and maybe not even the right part. I’ve learned it’s not worth it, at least in my opinion. I’m either racing or training for it, I don’t have time or tolerance for avoidable issues arising. Could be why I think that way.

Sponsored Links