Do you know if there are different camshafts ktm factory?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you know if there are different camshafts ktm factory?

Senior Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThumperRacing View Post
    I just posted this in another thread.

there is one cam I forgot the cam out of the KTM rfs 250exc. It's a stange cam but I would use it in place of the hotcam anyday. I would call it a stage 2.5 revs out very well and makes decent bottom end when compaired to the hotcam

we consider the cams as follows

Stage 1 8/06 good all around power works good on a stock motor with a slight bottom end loss 6% and cross over is 4500rpms then you pick up 4% at the top end. It is good for stock and slightly modified motors

Stage 2 hotcam 525 cam (HotCams calls it a stage 1) we consider it a stage 2 cam to only be used with a high comp piston 12.5+. A 525 hot cam installed in a stock 525 will loose 17% power at 2500 rpms cross over is at 7000rpms and at 9800rpms you will pick up 9% so it is a pure topend cam. high compression and big bore will help the bottomend power losses.

Stage 3 the 8/33 is a good all around cam works best with big bore and or higher compression pistons but give better performance all the way through. It doesnt have to bottom end loss like the Hot Cam does

Stage 4 the 8/07 should be used with 97mm or bigger high compression or 99mm+ any compression. power is broad and smooth.

Our stage 5 cam is custom for higher compression and big bores. we can set it up for torque and strong migrange with good over rev. requires high lift valve springs. This is the one Polaris Bob loves.

Our stage 6 cam is a new one we just came out with and is custom as well. It is for out bigger kits 600cc+ and is mainly for mid to top power. It has decent bottom end but very strong mid to top. mostly used for dunning and dragracing. requires high lift valve springs.

we can taylor any of the cams power out put by indexing them in and changing the cam timing. Any cam install should have the valve to piston clearance checked before running. Most piston manufactures dont cut the valve reliefs deep enough for BIG cams. We have our Custom CP pistons made with valve pockets deep enough that it's not a worry (but should still be checked) until you get in to changing the cam timing installing out stage 6 cam.

I have seen off the shelf proX, wiseco, JE, vertex and wossner all have problems with any cam over stage 2. Plus if you add O/S valves you need to make sure the diameter of the relief is big enough as well.
    Good info , is there a post that has lift and duration @.050" for all of these cams?

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    Lots of the cam specs were posted a while back here in a chart. I believe all but the thumper stage 5 and 6 cams were on the list and Im pretty sure travis is gonna keep those specs a secret.
    99mm thumper cylinder 15:1 comp, Crankworks billet stroker, Custom Carrillo short rod, Racers edge +4ti head, 48mm hsr carb, Shortened and stretched trx fci intake, Custom programmed vortex

296lbs ready to ride. This might be the fastest ktm duner in the world

Found the thread with the chart. Here is the link

http://www.ktmatvhq.com/forum/xc-eng...t-options.html
    99mm thumper cylinder 15:1 comp, Crankworks billet stroker, Custom Carrillo short rod, Racers edge +4ti head, 48mm hsr carb, Shortened and stretched trx fci intake, Custom programmed vortex

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0fox View Post
    Lots of the cam specs were posted a while back here in a chart. I believe all but the thumper stage 5 and 6 cams were on the list and Im pretty sure travis is gonna keep those specs a secret.
    Yeah I get that and I really meant more about the factory stuff.

Senior Member Member
    Thanks , thats what I was looking for.

Junior Member Rookie
    anyone have valve clearance for the 8/33 cam

.05 intake and .05 exhaust.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links