$10 TORS bypass
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: $10 TORS bypass

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    no you can hear the sound difference when the spark cuts out. Im gonna have to start tracing wires I guess
    99mm thumper cylinder 15:1 comp, Crankworks billet stroker, Custom Carrillo short rod, Racers edge +4ti head, 48mm hsr carb, Shortened and stretched trx fci intake, Custom programmed vortex

296lbs ready to ride. This might be the fastest ktm duner in the world

Junior Member Rookie
    All working on mine, great. I used a small 'micro relay' and matching 'micro relay base'. Search ebay.co.uk for the items, very cheap though, and the relay is waterproof.

Junior Member Rookie
    works like a charm. excellent find.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Member
    Where are these wires located that you are suppose to cut?
    08 525XC

Junior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSGA View Post
    Where are these wires located that you are suppose to cut?

all on bars. brown and yellow go to clutch switch on bars..........two black wires go to thumb throttle on bars.. trace them back down under hood and follow directions from there

Senior Member Member
    Thanks.
    08 525XC

Member Rookie
    What exactly does this do?

Senior Member Member
    Just did mine, works like a charm. Also put my honda throttle assm on too. Sweet. Joe basically it deletes the need to pull in the clutch to start and gets rid of the switch that is in the thumb throttle assm that sometimes messes up and prevents starting or for those that want to install another thumb throttle or twist throttle assm that doesnt contain that switch. Really simple to do.
    08 525XC

Member Rookie
    Cool thanks.

Can someone post the pix again ?
    www.ATVriders.pl

Sponsors: Lonestars, Fourwerx, KTM, Precision, Quady Srem Racing Team, PEP suspension

Member Rookie
    So I'm not sure if I'll get a response on this one since the thread hasn't been too active lately, BUT....2009 XCs do not have a clutch switch. The only issue this presents, I believe, when installing the relay for the TORS is what source to use to power the relay. Maybe the start button would provide the current to trip the relay when starting?? Any easy suggestions for those who know the wiring well?
    -Rob
    09 525 XC ATV
    15 500 XCW

Old KTMs:
    06 525 EXC
    07 300 XCW
    08 200 XCW

Member Rookie
    Well, maybe I'm wrong.....I have a two wire yellow and brown wire connector along with all the others together there on the metal plate. SO, if these are clutch switch wires, where the heck is the clutch switch!? And why is it that I can start in gear all day long without touching the clutch with my rekluse?
    -Rob
    09 525 XC ATV
    15 500 XCW

Old KTMs:
    06 525 EXC
    07 300 XCW
    08 200 XCW

Administrator KTMATVHQ Guru
    cause someones already finagled it....... ??
    KTM 505 SX: Web cams / 13.5:1 custom CP / balanced and modded crank / custom Vortex X10 ignition / Ported head / 43.5mm billet centre bored carb / KTM Akrapovic muffler / Mino hi vol water pump / 12 deg flexx's / houser stem / elka 5 / PEP PB1's and PEP LT rear / Walsh Flow A Arms / Quad tech seat & Foam / CF nose / FCI intake / relocated batt box / KTM Bill header / KTM factory SS Oil Pump setup / Manual cam chain tensioner Next round of mods: oil cooler........ the NEW TOP DOG 114 hrs…. best race engine I've owned

KTM 554 XC
    : sx style crank, light weight SXF flywheel, TT sxf stator, steel linered cylinder, custom JE piston ceramic coating, plus 1 ported head / 807 cam, 43.5mm carb. Mino hi vol water pump. KTM Bill custom exhaust, FCI intake, JB A Arms, PEP PB1s front LT and rear , Lonestar axle, 12 deg Flexx's, CF nose, elka 3 steering damper, KTM factory nerfs, factory white plastic and graphics / gell cell battery Next round of mods: oil cooler........

gotta stop spending $$$ on these KTM's...…..

Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS - 2011
    , lonestar plus 2 A Arms, cut MXR front shocks (minus 1 ") with ZPS / ttripple rate, FUJ rear suspension rear shock mount units drops ride height 2", FUJ HD adj sway bar, 1.5” rear billet wheel spacers, Polaris nerfs, bumper and rear rack, Yoshi competition slip on, Pro Taper bars, acerbis hand guards, Trailtech GPS with billet protector. KTM throttle / Honda Front master cylinder and shorty lever / 41mm carb & hi flow intake runner / big filter / Billet FCR transition ring. Modified rear spring package / rear revalve.

next round of mods: 8/33 cam, Hi Flow water pump and 540 cylinder / wossner piston waiting to go in, fastway 3 steering damper ala KTM setup, custom header using KTM XC header as a starting piece, light flywheel setup.
    gotta have something to modify this year !

LTR 450
    , My Wife Nicola's ride & my back up mxer - 493 BB / JE piston / special order Yoshi motard cams / custom fueling map / tcs LT ZPS front end setup, TCS rear ZPS revalve / ims tank / TB exhaust / power commander / proflo - K&N / 14 deg flexx's / race nerfs / armadillo bumper/ Denton damper, next round of mods: ported head and carillo rod...... the clark kent of the ATV trio ! 210 hrs and still going strong ! the BB kit transformed this machine, it hauls the mail now !!!!

A garage full of wheels and tires for them all........ speedway / sand / MX / cross country, over 30 at last count all on rims ready to rock

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013
    NZ Vets (40+) North Island MX champ 08, 09, 12 & 13
    NZ TT champ Vets (40+) 06, 08, 09,12 & 13
    Auckland ATV Club Sprint Series Champ 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 13
    hope to get a good season in for the remainder of 2014.......finding time to ride being the biggest problem !

Super Moderator KTMATVHQ Guru

Quote Originally Posted by looseBoltsRob View Post
    And why is it that I can start in gear all day long without touching the clutch with my rekluse?
    mine is the same. I think the switch is actually just stuck in so is closed all the time. I keep meaning to sort it because one day the switch might fail and then i won't be able to get it started as i have a rekluse also - no bump starting.
    Last edited by sticko2; 08-11-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-craig View Post
    cause someones already finagled it....... ??
    Nope...I unpacked this quad out of the KTM crate. Where does the clutch switch run to? The master or slave cylinder?
    -Rob
    09 525 XC ATV
    15 500 XCW

Old KTMs:
    06 525 EXC
    07 300 XCW
    08 200 XCW

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by sticko2 View Post
    mine is the same. I think the switch is actually just stuck in so is closed all the time. I keep meaning to sort it because one day the switch might fail and then i won't be able to get it started as i have a rekluse also - no bump starting.
    So I guess I'll just use the same brown and yellow wires as my relay trigger and go from there.
    -Rob
    09 525 XC ATV
    15 500 XCW

Old KTMs:
    06 525 EXC
    07 300 XCW
    08 200 XCW

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    all on bars. brown and yellow go to clutch switch on bars..........two black wires go to thumb throttle on bars.. trace them back down under hood and follow directions from there
    If this is how a 2008 looks, the 2009 does NOT use a clutch switch. There is no yellow and brown wires anywhere near the clutch lever or anywhere on the bars. The only wires on the clutch side are the ones going to the start/run/headlight switch. On the right side, there is only the TORS wires and the brake switch. I suppose I'll be using the wire that the start button sends current through when cranking.
    -Rob
    09 525 XC ATV
    15 500 XCW

Old KTMs:
    06 525 EXC
    07 300 XCW
    08 200 XCW

Just an update team. I've done this mod - and put over 30mh without issues !! Its a must for a twist throttle !!
    www.ATVriders.pl

Sponsors: Lonestars, Fourwerx, KTM, Precision, Quady Srem Racing Team, PEP suspension

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseBoltsRob View Post
    If this is how a 2008 looks, the 2009 does NOT use a clutch switch. There is no yellow and brown wires anywhere near the clutch lever or anywhere on the bars. The only wires on the clutch side are the ones going to the start/run/headlight switch. On the right side, there is only the TORS wires and the brake switch. I suppose I'll be using the wire that the start button sends current through when cranking.
    Don't quote me on this,but I thought I read somewhere in here that the 2009 models do not use the clutch switch.
    OXC/AXC/MOC 247
    MID SOUTH A+30

2013 Sponsors: Houser Racing, Dragon Alliance, Rath Racing, MSR Racing, Hinson Racing, HiPer Technology, JT Sprockets, Outlaw Racing, Go Pro, Dirtworks

08 450XC Bunch of crap not worth mentioning...........
    08 525XC Converted to a 450XC

Junior Member Rookie
    This will let it start with the throttle at say 1/4 open ??????????????????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links