08 525xc lost spark
    Moderator KTMATVHQ Guru

08 525xc lost spark

HI everyone, been a while. I picked up a 525XC last year for a song. Always started and ran fine. I cleaned the carb this spring and sold it on the weekend. I get a call from the guy saying mit was huffing black smoke and quit on him. Got it back and oops, I hadn't tightened the pilot jet enough and it had fallen out. I fixed that, still won't start. Figured the plug is shot, put a new one in, no luck. Has fuel, so I checked spark. Nothing. THe bike ran fine when it left my house, the only run time its had since has been with the new owner. Its still clean, so hasn't seen mud or water.

Anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to have to give this guy his money back but its starting to look like that's going to be the case.
    2016 Walsh/Elka YFZ450R
    2011 Raptor 125
    2009 450sx
    2008 525XC
    2006LT80

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict
    Possibly Idle knob on the carb (set too high) or the TPS got out of whack.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    First thing I would verify is if it has play in the throttle cable so the TSS doesn't kill the spark. Works in conjunction with the idle setting. If you get the spark back and get it running then adjust the idle, then set the cable tension last.
    Mine:
    2017 Husky FX 450
    2009 505 SX
    2008 525 XC-modded for mx (currently 450 cylinder)
    Dad's:
    2009 450 SX
    2008 540 XC

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Rookie
    This is a nice idea, I ma going to try it, hope we get answers from experts too!

Sponsored Links