Clutch Troubles

Thread: Clutch Troubles

Junior Member Rookie

Clutch Troubles

My clutch on my 450 Xc went out and had no pressure. At first I figured it was the Slave cylinder but got that replaced and still no pressure. Then figured it was the master cylinder so got that rebuilt. Still no pressure after like 10 minutes of riding. What else could it be? It’s a Magyar Hydraulic Clutch

Member Rookie
    What year is the bike? I had an 08 525xc before my sx and I had the slave cylinder leak all the mineral oil into the engine. I replaced with one that was brand new. But your issue could be that the line needs bled, did you bleed it after you replaced both the slave and master cylinder? The 08 supposedly had that as a common issue and in 09 they fixed it. If those are all good my next guess would be the clutch pack itself or maybe your springs?

Junior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    What year is the bike? I had an 08 525xc before my sx and I had the slave cylinder leak all the mineral oil into the engine. I replaced with one that was brand new. But your issue could be that the line needs bled, did you bleed it after you replaced both the slave and master cylinder? The 08 supposedly had that as a common issue and in 09 they fixed it. If those are all good my next guess would be the clutch pack itself or maybe your
    springs?
    Yes I did bleed the line and it’s a 2009. I will check the springs next thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    Did you back bleed it with a syringe from the bottom up? If not that's what you need to do.
    Mine:
    2017 Husky FX 450
    2009 505 SX
    2008 525 XC-modded for mx (currently 450 cylinder)
    Dad's:
    2009 450 SX
    2008 540 XC

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    Does it come back once it cools down?
    If so you are boiling your fluid, check line and make sure it’s not against a heat source. Some people have issues with them boiling no matter what and give up on the mineral oil.
    The ONLY way you get it fully, properly bleed is with the special tool and reverse bleeding. Try to do it like brakes and it’ll never work. You can take slave off and compress piston manually and get some out, still won’t get all.
    If all that is sorted, and you LOOSE fluid, rather than just experiencing clutch fade, I highly recommend an aftermarket unit.
    OEM units can last years, and other times they come bad. Only fix to that is a Oberon or sigutech slave.
    Last edited by Youngwildandfree; 04-12-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Forgot to mention some people were rebuilding theirs with “better” o-rings. Not sure how much better.
    https://www.ktmatvhq.com/forum/xc-en...-cylinder.html

This thread had me thinking, so I emailed Travis.
    He’s got the o-rings in stock and he’ll get them to you for free, just pay shipping.
    Last edited by Youngwildandfree; 04-15-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Sponsored Links