Jet kit for 525xc ATV
    Junior Member Rookie

Jet kit for 525xc ATV

Hey gents
    I’m looking for a jet kit for my bike. The bike never start have few minutes riding it. Just cranking and cranking. Looks like very common issue?

Any good builder solve this issue yet?

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakKTM525xc View Post
    Hey gents
    I’m looking for a jet kit for my bike. The bike never start have few minutes riding it. Just cranking and cranking. Looks like very common issue?

Any good builder solve this issue yet?
    Well, I would rule out other issues first for not starting. Does the battery have a full charge? Do you have spark? Is the carb clean? Is your intake boot torn? Check your TPS and check that your valves are w/in spec.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    Steve is correct. Check those first, you have to physically remove the intake boots and check for cracks, they sneak past you easy. Another way to check is a little sketchy but you can take a propane torch and turn on just the gas and hold it around the intake boots, if it idles up you have a leak. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    If it runs fine when cold and then once warm it doesn’t want to restart: Try pulling the hot start, it’s the red knob above the choke knob on the left side of the carb. If it fires right up, I’ll bet you need to adjust fuel screw and maybe change pilot jet, too rich. I’ve worked on a few FCR quads now that the owners went too high on the pilot and it doesent run/start right once warm. Most likely because they jet before the quad is at operating temp. I’ve rarely seen a dyno’d/ well tuned KTM rfs motor with valves in spec and everything working right need a hot start. You’re also going to want to adjust valves, throw in a new spark plug while you’re at it. And clean the carb really good.
    Last edited by Youngwildandfree; 11-16-2019 at 05:01 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict
    Also check to make sure idle knob didn’t get turned way up. Your bike won’t start if the idle is set too high. To inspect for cracks in the intake boot while the quad is running and idling, I would use contact cleaner. Constantly spraying it on the boot while reving up the motor will let you know if you have an air leak or tear. If the quad dies while doing this that you have an air leak or that the boot is torn. This will not damage your engine. If the motor doesn’t shut down then your boot should be fine.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    Confused, I thought the OP was describing a "starts when cold, hard/no start when hot" issue.

Junior Member Rookie
    The funny thing is my dealer couldn’t solve the problem
    I will do what you guys told and see

don’t you think I need a jet kit?
    who is top builders for our bike?

Sponsored Links