First gear act like reverse rear rev limiter
    Junior Member Rookie

First gear act like reverse rear rev limiter

Hello everyone !

Recently i had a strange issue, when i put the first gear i can rev correctly, it cut like the reverse gear, but the other gears (2,3,4,5) are fine. First i think it was the first gear who has gone, but it make no sense, because, if i put the first gear, and stay whith the cluth lever engage, and accelerate to rev up, it cut the same. I recently repair my wiring harness ( Change some bad cables, and change all the connections) so i maybe screw up somewhere. i was thinking maybe the bike think im in reverse in the first gear... another thing, i dont know if it as something to do whit it, last time i engage the reverse i force a litle to engage, like if the cable was stuck, so maybe a problem whith the gear sensor position. anywhay if someone have an idea, it will be great, because i really dont know what to... one last thing is it possible to eliminate the reverse rev limiter ? just to try if it match, but i dont know if its possible without changing the cdi. if anywhone have some clue it will be great

Thank you

Junior Member Rookie
    I just check out the rpm's, its seem the first gear cut out aroud 3000'4000 rpms more or less, and try the reverse hes go to 6000 and over. i must have switch a cable, cause it's seem like the rear no longer cutting the rev. anyone know what´s the max rev of the rear ?

Junior Member Rookie
    Seems maybe i found the problem (I hope), I check the cables from the gear position sensor, so there are 4 cables (Black,green,blue-red,yellow-green), if i correct, black go to brown, yellow-green, go to the yellow-green (different in my case i change this cable who was in bad chape, to a black one) this is the reverse cables who go to the cdi (yellow-green), i hope. Now there's two cables left (blue-red, and green), i know one them is not connected to another cable , if someone had the amabilty to see in is bike, whitch color are connected i will be very gratefull

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Rookie
    Problem solved. Finaly its was a wrong cable connection, i conect the blue-red to the yellow-green (black in my case). Sorry finaly this post is in the wrong section, it must be in XC Body/Control/Protection.

Sponsored Links