Shaft seal ring behind shift lever blow out
    Member Rookie

Shaft seal ring behind shift lever blow out

Hi !

I had a strange thing happened last race. After the race the bike was running great no problem, then when i shut down the bike, i think some minutes after i wasnt near of it, the shaft seal ring behind the shift lever blow out causing a total leack of the oil. I wonderirng what can cause this, is it happened to some of you ?

thanks
    Last edited by NeSta75; 02-12-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    I've never heard of this before, but if it built enough crankcase pressure to push that seal out I'd be for checking that the vent is clear. Also check that the bearing on that side of the shift shaft is intact. If it or the shaft are worn and the shaft can move a bit it might have slowly worked the seal out? Also check that the shaft can't slide in and out excessively.
    Mine:
    2017 Husky FX 450
    2009 505 SX
    2008 525 XC-modded for mx (currently 450 cylinder)
    Dad's:
    2009 450 SX
    2008 540 XC

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by quad97 View Post
    I've never heard of this before, but if it built enough crankcase pressure to push that seal out I'd be for checking that the vent is clear. Also check that the bearing on that side of the shift shaft is intact. If it or the shaft are worn and the shaft can move a bit it might have slowly worked the seal out? Also check that the shaft can't slide in and out excessively.
    Thanks for reply,

The bearing was ok when i check, also nothing strange in the rest of the oil, he was clean. Now i didnt remenber if the shaft was worn my mecanic already putt a new seal, im going to call him tomorow, just to be sure. But i have a litle play in, and out on the shaft (1mm +/-), but farr has i remenber he always be there. Suppose to be no play at all ? the vent is the tube ho´s going from engine to carb ?

thx

Sponsored Links