1.8 radiator cap information
    Member Rookie

1.8 radiator cap information

Hello everyone !

I bought recently a radiator cap with a thermometer, but i didn't make attention to the cap pressure, they where listed in ktm xc atv on the site where i bought, so i didn't make to much attention. But surprise when i receive the item, and go to install it, i saw the normal cap, was 1.4 bar. I try to see in the net about this subject, but didn´t find a real answer, some say its better, other to much pressure, but none off this was about the atv. So if someone can help me with this, i will be very grateful. Thanks !
    Last edited by NeSta75; 02-22-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Senior Member Member
    1.8 cap is standard fit/option from KTM if you are riding in sand a lot of the time. Increased pressure = less chance of boiling up. Which you will get more as it loads up the motors, also have to work harder when stuck. I have them fitted in my Mrs 525XC and my 300EXC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Rookie
    Thanks for the answer. ultimately i ride in a lot of different ground type. lets say 50 pour-cent sand, and the rest is for mx track ,endurance races type, and some clay ground.
    so no risk of gasket leak with 1.8 ? Did you ride with the stock hoses, and the thermostat ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Member
    Apologies for the delay... yes, bike is stock apart from from Big Gun EvoR exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links