Gearing.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gearing.....

Member Rookie

Gearing.....

Has anyone used the primary gear an clutch of a KTM dirtbike in the XC 525?
    I`m rebuilding a friends quad, been running 16-36 sprockets, but still has way to high RPM.
    This quad is riden way too much on the fast roads, so it needs the higher gearing.
    Any other solutions for this.....?

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    I think you can get a husaberg primary gear that will fit not exactly sure what model but it has fewer teeth than the ktm version.

Administrator KTMATVHQ Guru
    been reliably informed the dirtbike setup works. I'm thinking of doing mine, have the same issue, runs out of gearing........
    KTM 505 SX: Web cams / 13.5:1 custom CP / balanced and modded crank / custom Vortex X10 ignition / Ported head / 43.5mm billet centre bored carb / KTM Akrapovic muffler / Mino hi vol water pump / 12 deg flexx's / houser stem / elka 5 / PEP PB1's and PEP LT rear / Walsh Flow A Arms / Quad tech seat & Foam / CF nose / FCI intake / relocated batt box / KTM Bill header / KTM factory SS Oil Pump setup / Manual cam chain tensioner Next round of mods: oil cooler........ the NEW TOP DOG 114 hrs…. best race engine I've owned

KTM 554 XC
    : sx style crank, light weight SXF flywheel, TT sxf stator, steel linered cylinder, custom JE piston ceramic coating, plus 1 ported head / 807 cam, 43.5mm carb. Mino hi vol water pump. KTM Bill custom exhaust, FCI intake, JB A Arms, PEP PB1s front LT and rear , Lonestar axle, 12 deg Flexx's, CF nose, elka 3 steering damper, KTM factory nerfs, factory white plastic and graphics / gell cell battery Next round of mods: oil cooler........

gotta stop spending $$$ on these KTM's...…..

Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS - 2011
    , lonestar plus 2 A Arms, cut MXR front shocks (minus 1 ") with ZPS / ttripple rate, FUJ rear suspension rear shock mount units drops ride height 2", FUJ HD adj sway bar, 1.5” rear billet wheel spacers, Polaris nerfs, bumper and rear rack, Yoshi competition slip on, Pro Taper bars, acerbis hand guards, Trailtech GPS with billet protector. KTM throttle / Honda Front master cylinder and shorty lever / 41mm carb & hi flow intake runner / big filter / Billet FCR transition ring. Modified rear spring package / rear revalve.

next round of mods: 8/33 cam, Hi Flow water pump and 540 cylinder / wossner piston waiting to go in, fastway 3 steering damper ala KTM setup, custom header using KTM XC header as a starting piece, light flywheel setup.
    gotta have something to modify this year !

LTR 450
    , My Wife Nicola's ride & my back up mxer - 493 BB / JE piston / special order Yoshi motard cams / custom fueling map / tcs LT ZPS front end setup, TCS rear ZPS revalve / ims tank / TB exhaust / power commander / proflo - K&N / 14 deg flexx's / race nerfs / armadillo bumper/ Denton damper, next round of mods: ported head and carillo rod...... the clark kent of the ATV trio ! 210 hrs and still going strong ! the BB kit transformed this machine, it hauls the mail now !!!!

A garage full of wheels and tires for them all........ speedway / sand / MX / cross country, over 30 at last count all on rims ready to rock

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013
    NZ Vets (40+) North Island MX champ 08, 09, 12 & 13
    NZ TT champ Vets (40+) 06, 08, 09,12 & 13
    Auckland ATV Club Sprint Series Champ 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 13
    hope to get a good season in for the remainder of 2014.......finding time to ride being the biggest problem !

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Member Rookie
    Ok, will need to look into this.
    Just wondering if the quads larger clutch is for the gearing only,
    or if its for the bigger load caused by more traction.....?

larger clutch as in you mean the gear and outer hub ? yes gear is larger, hub is the same as the 07 dirtbike. Clutch pack is basically an 07 dirtbike unit.

you just swap the gears, don't need to change the inner clutch hub, it's the same as the 07 dirtbike as well
    KTM 505 SX: Web cams / 13.5:1 custom CP / balanced and modded crank / custom Vortex X10 ignition / Ported head / 43.5mm billet centre bored carb / KTM Akrapovic muffler / Mino hi vol water pump / 12 deg flexx's / houser stem / elka 5 / PEP PB1's and PEP LT rear / Walsh Flow A Arms / Quad tech seat & Foam / CF nose / FCI intake / relocated batt box / KTM Bill header / KTM factory SS Oil Pump setup / Manual cam chain tensioner Next round of mods: oil cooler........ the NEW TOP DOG 114 hrs…. best race engine I've owned

KTM 554 XC
    : sx style crank, light weight SXF flywheel, TT sxf stator, steel linered cylinder, custom JE piston ceramic coating, plus 1 ported head / 807 cam, 43.5mm carb. Mino hi vol water pump. KTM Bill custom exhaust, FCI intake, JB A Arms, PEP PB1s front LT and rear , Lonestar axle, 12 deg Flexx's, CF nose, elka 3 steering damper, KTM factory nerfs, factory white plastic and graphics / gell cell battery Next round of mods: oil cooler........

, lonestar plus 2 A Arms, cut MXR front shocks (minus 1 ") with ZPS / ttripple rate, FUJ rear suspension rear shock mount units drops ride height 2", FUJ HD adj sway bar, 1.5” rear billet wheel spacers, Polaris nerfs, bumper and rear rack, Yoshi competition slip on, Pro Taper bars, acerbis hand guards, Trailtech GPS with billet protector. KTM throttle / Honda Front master cylinder and shorty lever / 41mm carb & hi flow intake runner / big filter / Billet FCR transition ring. Modified rear spring package / rear revalve.

next round of mods: 8/33 cam, Hi Flow water pump and 540 cylinder / wossner piston waiting to go in, fastway 3 steering damper ala KTM setup, custom header using KTM XC header as a starting piece, light flywheel setup.

LTR 450
    , My Wife Nicola's ride & my back up mxer - 493 BB / JE piston / special order Yoshi motard cams / custom fueling map / tcs LT ZPS front end setup, TCS rear ZPS revalve / ims tank / TB exhaust / power commander / proflo - K&N / 14 deg flexx's / race nerfs / armadillo bumper/ Denton damper, next round of mods: ported head and carillo rod...... the clark kent of the ATV trio ! 210 hrs and still going strong ! the BB kit transformed this machine, it hauls the mail now !!!!

A garage full of wheels and tires for them all........ speedway / sand / MX / cross country, over 30 at last count all on rims ready to rock

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013
    hope to get a good season in for the remainder of 2014.......finding time to ride being the biggest problem !

Member Rookie
    Great news, have the parts here, will dig into it.

Member Rookie
    Where do you guys buy sprockets with rare sices......?
    The quad had 16-36 when i got it, these are now worn out.
    Cant find any bigger than 15 front, and not smaller than 37 rear.....

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member

I machined down and LC4 16t front sprocket to the correct width

rear used a talon then have it water cut to teh same internal shape as the stok units to clear over the hubs other wise it was a toal rear axle dismantle to install...... PITA..........

KTM 554 XC

LTR 450

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013

Sdd
    Junior Member Rookie
    KTM part number 16T front sprocket direct fit no need to be machined -> 50033029016

Member Rookie
    Awsome....!!
    Found some poor initials on my rear sprocket as well, S-TEEL is the manufacturer.
    But they dont list the quad on their website......

Member Rookie
    Sure the dirt stuff works. Outer clutch hub and primary gear and the freewheel gear outer hub. Bought a shelf dozen quad clutches inner hub and plates and fibers from failed quads to use them on dirt bikes as I had the primary gears and outer hubs.Less power needs lower gearing. More power can be geared up....Bob

Member Rookie
    Gearing.....-553807_10153295099075142_1081219302_n.jpeg
    Here you see the bike primary gear on top, and quad closest to camera.
    Must use bike e-start gear hub, or as i do, the whole e-start gear, since the primary
    gear of the bike is not a direct fit.
    Will be interesting for the testride.....

Super Moderator KTMATVHQ Guru

Can you please post up a list of the parts you need for this including ktm part numbers. And let us know how it goes. I have my xc on the road and always run out of revs. In fact I'm sure that's why I blew it up!

Member Rookie
    59032000033 PRIMARY GEAR 33-T
    59032000476 OUTER CLUTCH HUB 76-Z/20-Z 01
    0912060106 AH SCREW DIN0912-M 6X10 10.9 (x6 pc.)
    59040025000 FREE WHEEL HUB

This should be the parts needed, just replacing the freewheel hub of the e-start, and re-using
    the e-start clutch/ freewheel of the quad.

Member Rookie
    Got the XC back on the road today.
    Gearing seems much better, but have not done a full road test yet.
    Final drive is 16-37, looking for 36 rear sprocket.

All parts for primary gears is a direct fit, i used a 2006 EXC 450 as donor.
    The e-start kit for the RFS bikes is no longer awailable, but you might
    get the e-start freewheel hub as a single part....?
    Have not confirmed this, as i had the parts in house.
    One nice touch is the billet clutch cover now fits the quad.....
    Sweet!

Member Rookie
    Gearing.....-1278433_10153160023870162_1896136498_n.jpg

now that is sweet...........

KTM 554 XC

LTR 450

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013

Super Moderator KTMATVHQ Guru

Was it a 36t I got for you kiwi?

yup ! they do a 35 as well right ? I'd like one of those (if your ordering one mate, get two !)

KTM 554 XC

LTR 450

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links