Dual fan setup, need pics
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dual fan setup, need pics

Member Rookie

Dual fan setup, need pics

I need some pics of the dual fan setup basically off the quad. I can weld aluminum myself and want to see placement basically. Also are the wires tapped into the other fan? I read something about a lower temp thermo switch. I wasnt sure if i should put it on a switch so I can turn it on manually

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict

I took the connector apart and hooked two wires together for a clean install. Even in the Texas heat I never found a lower temp switch necessary even with a stock jug overbore 540. I never liked the manual switch idea, forget to turn on, or gets bumped and turned off during race. Over heats fans or wiring etc..
    chris48757 likes this.

Member Rookie
    Very true. Thanks for the pics!

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    I run this exact set up and it works great.
    2014 Sponsors:
    HMF
    Rocket Ron
    GT Thunder
    Tiexiera Tech
    Houser racing
    Fasst Company
    Fly/WPS
    BNR (Big Nuts Racing)
    Hiper
    Powermadd
    GBC Tires
    Rath Racing
    Fourwerx
    Gaerne
    Leatt
    Twin Air
    Scott
    Bubba Power ( Enigine)

2009 KTM525XC

did you delete half your wires or are they just not installed?

Nope, all the wiring is there.

How difficult was it to get the connector apart?

owe
    Senior Member Member
    i got the same set-up,real easy to mount the wires
    if you like you can strip the alittle bit of wire plastic protector with a cutter and there stick the new wires,after give it a good isolation and you should be fine you don't need necessarily to get the connector apart and re mount it(would be best but is is painstaking work)

good luck!

Member Rookie
    Thank you. I get my fan monday and will weld some tabs this week.

Member Rookie
    Could someone give me a run through of the radiator modifications to add extra fan??very curious, so i dont mess my radiator up...thanks

owe
    Senior Member Member
    hi
    i did not modify my radiator at all..............i just made a bracket from PHD and a little bit of trimming of the fans protection plastic and all is good
    for me it was easier to do it this way

Phd? Can this be done to the sx?

Administrator KTMATVHQ Guru
    no reason why not, same setup
    KTM 505 SX: Web cams / 13.5:1 custom CP / balanced and modded crank / custom Vortex X10 ignition / Ported head / 43.5mm billet centre bored carb / KTM Akrapovic muffler / Mino hi vol water pump / 12 deg flexx's / houser stem / elka 5 / PEP PB1's and PEP LT rear / Walsh Flow A Arms / Quad tech seat & Foam / CF nose / FCI intake / relocated batt box / KTM Bill header / KTM factory SS Oil Pump setup / Manual cam chain tensioner Next round of mods: oil cooler........ the NEW TOP DOG 114 hrs…. best race engine I've owned

KTM 554 XC
    : sx style crank, light weight SXF flywheel, TT sxf stator, steel linered cylinder, custom JE piston ceramic coating, plus 1 ported head / 807 cam, 43.5mm carb. Mino hi vol water pump. KTM Bill custom exhaust, FCI intake, JB A Arms, PEP PB1s front LT and rear , Lonestar axle, 12 deg Flexx's, CF nose, elka 3 steering damper, KTM factory nerfs, factory white plastic and graphics / gell cell battery Next round of mods: oil cooler........

gotta stop spending $$$ on these KTM's...…..

Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS - 2011
    , lonestar plus 2 A Arms, cut MXR front shocks (minus 1 ") with ZPS / ttripple rate, FUJ rear suspension rear shock mount units drops ride height 2", FUJ HD adj sway bar, 1.5” rear billet wheel spacers, Polaris nerfs, bumper and rear rack, Yoshi competition slip on, Pro Taper bars, acerbis hand guards, Trailtech GPS with billet protector. KTM throttle / Honda Front master cylinder and shorty lever / 41mm carb & hi flow intake runner / big filter / Billet FCR transition ring. Modified rear spring package / rear revalve.

next round of mods: 8/33 cam, Hi Flow water pump and 540 cylinder / wossner piston waiting to go in, fastway 3 steering damper ala KTM setup, custom header using KTM XC header as a starting piece, light flywheel setup.
    gotta have something to modify this year !

LTR 450
    , My Wife Nicola's ride & my back up mxer - 493 BB / JE piston / special order Yoshi motard cams / custom fueling map / tcs LT ZPS front end setup, TCS rear ZPS revalve / ims tank / TB exhaust / power commander / proflo - K&N / 14 deg flexx's / race nerfs / armadillo bumper/ Denton damper, next round of mods: ported head and carillo rod...... the clark kent of the ATV trio ! 210 hrs and still going strong ! the BB kit transformed this machine, it hauls the mail now !!!!

A garage full of wheels and tires for them all........ speedway / sand / MX / cross country, over 30 at last count all on rims ready to rock

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013
    NZ Vets (40+) North Island MX champ 08, 09, 12 & 13
    NZ TT champ Vets (40+) 06, 08, 09,12 & 13
    Auckland ATV Club Sprint Series Champ 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 13
    hope to get a good season in for the remainder of 2014.......finding time to ride being the biggest problem !

whos making these brackets? action motor wont do it anymore... what are you guys doing to pull this off?

Super Moderator KTMATVHQ Addict

Dual Fans

Don't know if these pics will help any but the best I could do real quick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dual fan setup, need pics-image.jpg   Dual fan setup, need pics-image.jpg  

owe
    Senior Member Member
    yup,can be done realy easely
    if you want i will post pictures

I need photos thanks kmack but I need a hill billy rig. Yours was done by action and has brackets that I do not have. Unless someone can machine me some???

Senior Member Member
    So let me know if I am looking at this correctly. You use the stock bottom holes for both inner fan pins and then weld two on the outer for the outer pins and then weld two new brackets for the top to bolt to. If this is correct where can I score a extra fan?

A part out or a new one from oem. That's what it looks like they are doing but I don't have anyone who can weld aluminum. I need to figure it out somehow I just got a Fan for 15$

I have the dual fan setup, engine ice, and baldwin oil cooler. Two weeks ago I ran a race for 1 hour and 15 min in the 107 degree heat. The maximum temperature during the race was 196 degrees.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links