My 525 Dyno Results
    Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict

My 525 Dyno Results

So I decided to take my 08 525xc to Fuel Customs in Pamona, CA for a Dyno tune. Mods are FCI Intake, R&D Float Bowl, stock bore carb, 8/06 Cam, Mino Pump, Akro Header, FMF Slip On and everything else stock on the motor. Went from 185 to 168 main jet. Didnt mess with the needle (JD Red third clip if I rember right) or the pilot jet (42 or 45, I believe). 49.8 HP / 35 TQ. She probably had a little more in her to push her over 50 but as you can see the A/F ratio was left a little fat. I had a spun insert on the fuel tank so the tuner did not want to mess with that to get the tank off and play with the needle or pilot. I cant remember what he set the A/F screw at. I will say this it was rich w/ the 185 main (on the dyno) but the motor sounded and ran strong with no backfiring, spitting or hiccups on decel. With the 168 in there it makes all kinds of crazy popping and hiccup noises etc in decell. I am running the akro titaniun exhaust flange with the header. So I may need to tweek the pilot and A/F screw some more to tune out the decell hiccups.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My 525 Dyno Results-image.jpeg  
    Last edited by steveo525; 10-28-2015 at 11:21 PM.

So with the smaller main jet of 168 you ended up with more decal pop. That would make sense since it's running leaner from mid to top.
    2008 KTM 450xc
    Thumper 540 kit with CP piston at 12.5 compression, 8/33 cam, High Flow water pump, SX seat, SX a-arms and Rath hubs rear, SX intake, 14/37 gearing, Hiper wheels, Gafer brake lines, dash delete. SX pipe
    2009 Can Am Renegade 800

Quote Originally Posted by KantTopMe View Post
    So with the smaller main jet of 168 you ended up with more decal pop. That would make sense since it's running leaner from mid to top.
    Yeah, hopefully, I can fine tune it out. It was gone completely with the larger main and before installation of the R&D float bowl. Bike ran strong before. I would not have guessed it was that fat (at least how the dyno read).

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

So did leaning it out really help the HP?
    2008 KTM 450xc
    Thumper 540 kit with CP piston at 12.5 compression, 8/33 cam, High Flow water pump, SX seat, SX a-arms and Rath hubs rear, SX intake, 14/37 gearing, Hiper wheels, Gafer brake lines, dash delete. SX pipe
    2009 Can Am Renegade 800

Quote Originally Posted by KantTopMe View Post
    So did leaning it out really help the HP?
    well, according to the a/f ratio it is still on the fat side. It picked up almost 2 HP after installing the leaner jet from the first pull with the larger main.

So I guess my bike was just trying to clear out bad fuel?? I took her out this weekend to the dunes and once the bad fuel cleared out she ran like a raped ape. No decel popping, hiccups or backfiring.......I was very pleased!
    Last edited by steveo525; 11-10-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Sponsored Links