Jetting XC525 with some options...
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ktm560smr
  • 1 Post By 5lblmbn2009
  • 1 Post By kiwi-craig
  • 1 Post By Fast64ranchero

Thread: Jetting XC525 with some options...

Junior Member Rookie

Jetting XC525 with some options...

hello! im from germany, so please excuse my bad english!

i´m riding a 2012 KTM XC 525 with the FULL akrapovic exhaust with an medium open db eater (not the 27mm witch is stock and not full open... its a 32mm db eater) also i´m using the dirt bike cdi (always carefully with the rev. limit! ) and the sxs carb. pump spring (green one from the powerparts, doing the same as a thin o-ring at the pump)
    i´m riding on sea level and mostly between 10°C and 25°C now im not shure if i should remove the snorcle from the airbox, or use a twin air powerflow set too... and i am totaly confused about the jetting!
    one time ago my brother had a JD kit on his XC525 and it was much to rich! so i think, that i only have to change the main jet and the pilot jet. at the moment my carb. is totaly stock (only green spring)
    ( mj 172 , pj 42 , needle stock , screw at 1 1/2 turns out ... )

i´m not searching for an exact jetting, that is not possible at this way i think, i´only want a direction what will help me to get a good (save) base setup!

regards chris
    Last edited by Dotti; 11-09-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Junior Member Rookie
    can noone help me??

Member Rookie
    I use OCEMP needle, 162 main, 42 pilot, stock motor 525 XC.
    Runs crisp! Sea level to about 200m above, Norway, so similar temp.
    The needle is your problem, if its the stock one...
    Dotti likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Rookie
    thanks! is that the hrc needle?? wow, 162mj sounds very lean!

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    I THINK, that is the hrc needle. and that seems to be what everyone is running anyway, including me. the hrc needle has a different taper, requiring a leaner main jet. the 162 should be close.

Dotti likes this.
    -09 450sx- KTM slip-on, Bills a-arms, Rocket Ron WP's.

-09 450sx- Bill's pipe, and a-arms, PEP Shocks, Baldwin head, Walt's dual squirt AP nozzle and 41.5mm bore.

Both have Quadtech hoods, Ranchero carbs, Kiwi's spring mod, KTM Bill skidplates, High flow water pumps, KTM Bumpers, and Pro Armor Nerfs.

2014 Sponsors- 38 Motorsports, Leatt Brace, Vertex Pistons, 100%, Lucas Oil, Jettrim, Streamline Brakes, Gaerne, KTMPartsHouse

Administrator KTMATVHQ Guru
    throw away the black snorkel it kills air flow. Stock main jet is actually on the rich side.....

stock needle is typically an OBEKR, it's not a bad deal

the OCEMP and OCEMN work nice and are easy to get.

ignore the letter OB and OC that just tells you it's and OEM needle "O" and the material its made of, "B" or "C" the important part is the EKR / EMP / EMN thats the needle dimensional codes

OCEMP / OCEMN have been very popular on the KTM RFS two wheelers for years, they work

I'm using a 178 on my OCEMN on a stock polaris IRS 525 with high flow intake and Yoshi exhaust , slightly rich, goes hard

HRC needle is a NGPR it's more aggressive in the taper and therefore has a smaller tip = smaller main jet

think of it this way, a fatter needle / not much taper needs a bigger main jet, thinner needle / lots of taper needs a smaller main jet. the two parts work together to provide the fuel flow at 1/2 throttle upwards.

the main jet is matched to the needle

in the FCR carb the needle dictates all other jetting needs ! select the needle then set everything else up around that
    Dotti likes this.
    KTM 505 SX: Web cams / 13.5:1 custom CP / balanced and modded crank / custom Vortex X10 ignition / Ported head / 43.5mm billet centre bored carb / KTM Akrapovic muffler / Mino hi vol water pump / 12 deg flexx's / houser stem / elka 5 / PEP PB1's and PEP LT rear / Walsh Flow A Arms / Quad tech seat & Foam / CF nose / FCI intake / relocated batt box / KTM Bill header / KTM factory SS Oil Pump setup / Manual cam chain tensioner Next round of mods: oil cooler........ the NEW TOP DOG 114 hrs…. best race engine I've owned

KTM 554 XC
    : sx style crank, light weight SXF flywheel, TT sxf stator, steel linered cylinder, custom JE piston ceramic coating, plus 1 ported head / 807 cam, 43.5mm carb. Mino hi vol water pump. KTM Bill custom exhaust, FCI intake, JB A Arms, PEP PB1s front LT and rear , Lonestar axle, 12 deg Flexx's, CF nose, elka 3 steering damper, KTM factory nerfs, factory white plastic and graphics / gell cell battery Next round of mods: oil cooler........

gotta stop spending $$$ on these KTM's...…..

Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS - 2011
    , lonestar plus 2 A Arms, cut MXR front shocks (minus 1 ") with ZPS / ttripple rate, FUJ rear suspension rear shock mount units drops ride height 2", FUJ HD adj sway bar, 1.5” rear billet wheel spacers, Polaris nerfs, bumper and rear rack, Yoshi competition slip on, Pro Taper bars, acerbis hand guards, Trailtech GPS with billet protector. KTM throttle / Honda Front master cylinder and shorty lever / 41mm carb & hi flow intake runner / big filter / Billet FCR transition ring. Modified rear spring package / rear revalve.

next round of mods: 8/33 cam, Hi Flow water pump and 540 cylinder / wossner piston waiting to go in, fastway 3 steering damper ala KTM setup, custom header using KTM XC header as a starting piece, light flywheel setup.
    gotta have something to modify this year !

LTR 450
    , My Wife Nicola's ride & my back up mxer - 493 BB / JE piston / special order Yoshi motard cams / custom fueling map / tcs LT ZPS front end setup, TCS rear ZPS revalve / ims tank / TB exhaust / power commander / proflo - K&N / 14 deg flexx's / race nerfs / armadillo bumper/ Denton damper, next round of mods: ported head and carillo rod...... the clark kent of the ATV trio ! 210 hrs and still going strong ! the BB kit transformed this machine, it hauls the mail now !!!!

A garage full of wheels and tires for them all........ speedway / sand / MX / cross country, over 30 at last count all on rims ready to rock

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013
    NZ Vets (40+) North Island MX champ 08, 09, 12 & 13
    NZ TT champ Vets (40+) 06, 08, 09,12 & 13
    Auckland ATV Club Sprint Series Champ 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 13
    hope to get a good season in for the remainder of 2014.......finding time to ride being the biggest problem !

Junior Member Rookie
    thanks, this will help me a lot!!^^

so a hrc needle 4. clip from top, with a 165 mj , 45 pilot jet, snorkel removed, and mixture screw 1.75 turns open should work fine or to rich all the way? (3rd clip on hrc, 162mj,42pj, 1.5turns?)

sea level and mostly round about 20°celsius (68°F)

what is difrent on the 250sx filter cage? whats the part number of it, so that i can see it...
    Last edited by Dotti; 11-09-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict

The 4th clip down may be a little rich, I'd start with it on the 3rd clip down and the 165 main. 45 pilot=about 1.5 turns open, 42 pilot about 2 turns open. Add the o-ring mod also.
    Dotti likes this.
    Home of Fastranchero carb Mods!!!!
    Rides: 1964 ranchero 565HP, 1965 Mercury Comet Convert. stocker, 1978 Fairmont sleeper inline 6 497hp and 499ft lbs to the ground.. 03 cummins for pullin toys,
    10 Mustang GT, 1971 Pinto project
    08 525 XC
    06 Apex pro MX 100 little girls race bike
    LTZ 250 wifes bike
    05 Raptor 50 little ones bike
    engine builder,

Junior Member Rookie
    Done right now, what about the leak jet??

Junior Member Rookie
    At the moment there is installed the closed one, I also have a 40 and a 55 leak jet here!?

Sponsored Links