450 will only start when jumping starter relay
    Junior Member Rookie

450 will only start when jumping starter relay

cant get to start under own power without crossing posts on starter relay

Senior Member Member
    Have you checked the starter switch? Fuses?
    08 525xc ≡ 12.5:1 570 bbk, +1 valves, Crower Cam, Houser Bounce Nerfs, Razr 2 rears, Razr fronts, Pro Armor Dominator Bumper, Scotts Steering Damper, Mino Water Pump, FCI intake, KTMBill Skid Plate, FastRanchero 41mm Carb

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    Sounds like high resistance in starter relay, easiest way to check is measuring voltage drop with a multimeter. I would be pulling the fuses on it and making sure they are not corroded and same with all contacts and grounds! To measure voltage drop of the high side of a relay you MUST have it energized, or else the contacts aren’t touching and you’ll get a high voltage drop.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Member
    I have never tried but can you bypass the TORS by jumping the starter posts? My thought process is that the TORS is kicking in and not letting the starter get power.
    08 525xc ≡ 12.5:1 570 bbk, +1 valves, Crower Cam, Houser Bounce Nerfs, Razr 2 rears, Razr fronts, Pro Armor Dominator Bumper, Scotts Steering Damper, Mino Water Pump, FCI intake, KTMBill Skid Plate, FastRanchero 41mm Carb

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    That’s a good point, looking at the diagram looks like the starter relay does connect with the ignition switch and starter botton. However I don’t think that’s the culprit as, if I’m understanding this right, the tors uses allowing or prevent spark to do its job. If the TORS is upset it won’t have spark at all. When you’re trying to start it and press the throttle before it running that’s what it does it I believe. The diagram gives no specifics or description on their multiplexing/modules/switches/etc like cars do. Makes analyzing things a little in depth frustrating. Can’t even make clear what the control side vs the high side of the relay is...

Sponsored Links