piston rod valves
    Junior Member Rookie

piston rod valves

good. i am doing a review on my 450 sx engine.
    I will change connecting rod, valves and piston. what material do they recommend? prox would be a good option?

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict
    Get the pro-x rod. I have had luck with the stock valves. I have used stock, wossner 13.5:1, and wiseco 13.5:1. I got great life out of all three of them. The wiseco finally cracked but it had a great amount of use. I also had used CP pistons once on it, and I had poor luck with them cracking early. But I had great luck with them on the ltr450 and my brothers trx450r.

Also use stock gaskets. Don’t be cheap. And also get a DJH manual cam chain tensioner. It helps deliver more oil to the head.
    2009 KTM 505sx, Baldwin engine, Full P.E.P., Walsh: arms, subframe, stem, Quadtech seat and hood, Rath Signature nerfs, KTM Bill shorty exhaust, Hinson clutch, KTM orange bling, Idol Speed holeshot device, Precision Pro stabilizer, Renthal bars.

Junior Member Rookie
    Thanks for the information

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    Go with the OEM Del West valves. KTM sells a valve kit with new springs for the bikes with this engine (450SXF 2009-2012) that would probably be the most economical. Pro-X rod and crank pin bearing are good. I used a Carillo rod with the Pro-X pin and bearing in my last rebuild and had Thumper Racing balance the whole assembly with a new CP piston. Noticeably less vibration than before. Stock piston is best for longevity. I've run a few CP 13.5:1 pistons through my 505sx. Changed them before the 50hr mark except one I ran to 64hr and it cracked. The 505 uses a bigger wrist pin so even the stock ones are prone to crack after while. I also recommend the DJH manual chain tensioner.
    Mine:
    2017 Husky FX 450
    2009 505 SX
    2008 525 XC-modded for mx (currently 450 cylinder)
    Dad's:
    2009 450 SX
    2008 540 XC

Sponsored Links